Black Spirituality Religion : Losing Faith

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by innerbeauty, Jun 18, 2004.

1. innerbeauty

innerbeauty Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    :spin: Hi, First of all much love to everyone in here..
    I'm glad to be here

Well, im going ask for your views on how to handle this thing called life, and still keep faith. As far as believing in god, well i grew up in church like most blk people in the south and it was all good, when i was young and didnt have to deal with stressful issues in life. What i would like to know is, if god cares so much, and wants the "best" for his children. Why have i been continiously suffering for the majority of my life. Born with no father, and a mother who wasnt there. (My God) Raised by a grandmother, who hated my grandfather so she made life in the home miserable. Then got out on my own had a child by a "male" who could care less about her( and this is my god) So okay, im raising her on my own. Then as i realized sht was harder than i could bear alone. I did, i asked god for a husband, yes, he sent me a husband. A husband who didnt believe in him, and really didnt believe in to much of anything, and my life was a living hell with him, but he was sent to me by my god( who cares, and loves me). Okay,my god took him out of my life. So i'm back in the same situation as before, dealing with the pressures of making sure my daughter and i eat, and have a place to stay.Then my god Gave me a job that i absolutely hated. Then another, then another, Even though im a single mother. Why wont he bless me with a job that is actually enough for me to survive???? Why not bless me with a positive male in my daughters life? Why not bless me with things that i'm happy about so that i can praise him for what he's done for me. Yes, he wakes me up every morning and all of that, but is that really enough :spank: Why wake me up to have me deal with the b***sh**t, i deal with on a daily basis? It just doesnt make sense but this is my god, who wants nothing more than to have people to believe? People have this theory that every thing is a test, well why have i been going thru a test since i've been born? yes i believe there is a god, but my faith in his promises and love for me is slowly drifting away. Can someone please give me some inspiration before i completely give up on him????

.....just taking it to a different level

2. Music Producer

Music Producer Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +94
    I was raised with out a father and in the rat infested slums of inner city but I don’t blame that on GOD. With the situation you are in it would be nothing for you to get a government assisted collage degree, assuming that you did finish school. This is one of the things I did that improved my quality of life. After that I went back to school and got another degree and was able to pay for it on my own. Education makes a big, big deference in this society. While I was in collage I worked two jobs, so I will tell you, its not easy. To many of us African Americans make poor choices for ourselves and then we get caught in this cycle of poverty and wonder what happen. Only YOU can make deference in YOUR life, don’t wait on it; go get it.

As for GOD, well, others may disagree but I have found worshipping, praising and uplifting GOD and GOD only is the only way for African Americans to rekindle an ancient relationship with our original GOD, which is the GOD of the Old Testaments. Read and learn about that GOD and pray to that GOD every night before you go to bad. Now realize praying is not asking, praying is worship, uplifting and serving. How do you serve GOD? The first step is read the Old Testaments, not these ones that have been so called retranslated and have all of those cliff notes in them because they pull you away from what GOD is saying, but get an older KJV. Study that GOD and take close note and attention to what that GOD is telling you. Because when you read the Old Testaments and you come to a verse were it is GOD HIMSELF speaking, were it says, “Thus saith the LORD”, pay very close attention to that because GOD is speaking directly to you.

If you start doing these things and put away false gods like Jesus or any other deity you may see as holy or divine, I guarantee you your life will change. From GOD we are under a curse until we put away all false gods and worship HIM only. For GOD has created us for HIS glory only.

3. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,324
    I encourage all to have an understanding of the rough times we go through, and encourage them to keep faith in the Father and the Son when going through the hardest.

Just to state you have a belief in the Father does not mean you have faith in He and His Way; to think that only when the Father gives you a blessing is when He is deserving of praise is misguided in thought. He deserves praise even during the times of tribulation because He is perfecting you.

Showing patient is something we all need to do, because for a long time has this world be engulfed in sin and the Father and the Son still abide this generation.

Do what you need to for the Father and Son; show true faith not just belief; walk with the Son on a road of light and nothing you have gone through will seem defeating. Make sure you look at your own actions, to see if they go with the Father's will or against it because all things harmful that come our way is not because we listened to what we are told to do, but some because we didn't listen and only thought we did. He's patience and is ever waiting for His faithful. :) So don't be discouraged, just keep searching for His truth praying He share with you.

This is for all and any who need to understand this.

4. willa

willa Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +301
    If you went before a judge, could you be convicted of loving God and doing what He wants you to do? He says, "If you love me you will keep my commandments. If you love me, you will do what I say."