Black Women : Losing a Sister

IFE

Jan 20, 2015
A FALLEN LIMB

A limb has fallen from the family tree.
I keep hearing a voice that says, "Grieve not for me.
Remember the best times, the laughter, the song.
The good life I lived while I was strong.
Continue my heritage, I'm counting on you.
Keep smiling and surely the sun will shine through.
My mind is at ease, my soul is at rest.
Remembering all, how I truly was blessed.
Continue traditions, no matter how small.
Go on with your life, don't worry about falls
I miss you all dearly, so keep up your chin.
Until the day comes we're together again

I lost my older sister recently.
She passed away in May, but
It seems like yesterday.
I'm not ready to let her go.
Me and my 3 other sisters are grieving in our own way.
We still can't talk without mentioning her name.

She was a role model to us all and we don't know
What we'll do without her wisdom and advice

As the next sister in line, I'm now the oldest sister

My baby sister called this week to tell me
She thinks she has a lump in her breast

Losing a sister feels like I've lost a body part
I didn't know existed

Rest in peace my loving Sister
We're missing you

IMG_2860.JPG

My sister and her spouse were both pastors.

Missing you Sis. I have something to tell you. But, I remembered you’re gone.
I miss talking you.

Last edited:

Queenie

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Wow, this made me cry . . . Sister IFE, my heart goes out to you and your family. I truly understand how hard it is to let go of someone you love so dearly and they transition from this life. My mother was my best friend, my mentor, my wise and wonderful sage and not a day goes by still that I don't think of her with the same love as when she was alive. It's been 9 years now. Honor your sister with your loving memories. It's a tribute to who she was and how much she meant to you. You're the oldest now and I'm sure you will carry the baton and move forward in all ways that are uplifting, wise and loving. Remember, you don't ever walk alone. The spirit of your ancestors are with you all along the way.

Peace and love :grouphug: :heart:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Spirituality Religion : Losing Religion and Finding Ecstasy in Houston Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Miss SelinaUK Audio Video Web Conferencing : Media: Ice Cube says he's not losing sleep over Jerry Heller's death Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Boss_Lady Black Relationships : Am I fighting a losing battle? Black Relationships 10
Enki Black Sports : Things White Do to Make Other Whites Feel Better About Losing. Black Sports 5
Gorilla Black Atheists : A Year Without God - A Pastor Ends Losing Job Over an Experiment Atheist Study Group 0
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Obama Losing Black Appeal Black People Politics 203
BrittanyMalachi Black Poetry : Losing My Soul Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Q Black People : Why is it considered "losing your culture/heritage" if you don't talk to other black people Black People Open Forum 13
M Black Weight Loss : Loose Skin after losing ton of weight Black Health and Wellness 0
Kemetstry Black People : Voter Suppression PAC Losing Support and Money Black People Open Forum 3
asimplepoet Black Poetry : Losing faith in fairytale endings Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
Blackbird Black People : Dissolution - Losing my own faith Black People Open Forum 27
H Black People : ''I think we are losing our culture because of the church'' Black People Open Forum 25
J Black Poetry : Losing My Religon Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
nevar Black Poetry : Broken Vagina part two...Losing you..... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
D Black Education / Schools : Video: Some HBCUs losing ground literally Black Education / Schools 0
howardtsu Black Poetry : Losing her Smile Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
A Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : Losing my hair at 21 Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 8
D Black People : New York City Losing Blacks, Census Shows Black People Open Forum 4
P Black People : US 'losing media war to al-Qaeda' Black People Open Forum 112
P South Africa : South Africa's poor losing patience South Africa 4
O Black People : Black Farmers losing land Black People Open Forum 1
K Black Short Stories : Can't Win For Losing Short Stories - Authors - Writing 4
queentswana Quiet Poetry Lounge : I'm losing ground Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
I Black Spirituality Religion : Losing Faith Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 3
queentswana Black Poetry : I'M LOSING GROUND... Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 35
G Black Poetry : Losing my Grip Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Bishop Black Poetry : I'm losing my mind, but I found my heart Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
M Black Poetry : Losing IT Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
A Black Poetry : A Losing Battle Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 6
blakverb Black Poetry : We're losing the race Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 10
P Black Poetry : Losing Something Never Had Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : SISTER SELLS CHEMICAL FREE HAIR COLOR PRODUCTS Black Money Business Jobs 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : sister creates nj-law-mandating-financial-literacy-education Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : sister only female at NYSE Black People Doing Positive Things 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Positive People : sister owns a bank.... Black People Doing Positive Things 1
freddie419 Black Entertainment : Prince death: Singer's sister and half-siblings declared heirs Black Entertainment 0
JenaBee63 Black Sports : Boston Celtics player Isaiah Thomas playing for his sister Black Sports 0
Kemetstry Black Positive People : SISTER DOING IT Black People Doing Positive Things 0
Kemetstry Law Forum : YOUNG SISTER DRAGGED BY A ROPE Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 0
jamesfrmphilly Black Entertainment : sister to launch a streaming TV site...KweliTV Black Entertainment 1
Kemetstry Black Money Business Jobs : SISTER GROWING BUSINESS Black Money Business Jobs 0
Perfection Black Spirituality Religion : The Honorable Queen Sister SoLove Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 1
Kemetstry Beauty - Hair Care - Fashion : SISTER GETS HAIR CARE PATENT Beauty - Black Hair Care - Fashion 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Elder Sister - 2 Minutes You Must Watch OldSoul 3
jamesfrmphilly Law Forum : another sister killed in texas..... Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership 2
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : GoFundMe Page Asked for Money to Cover Dylann Roof's Sister’s Wedding After Charleston Shooting Black People Politics 6
jamesfrmphilly Black People Politics : sister removes battle flag in front of SC statehouse... Black People Politics 16
Kemetstry African American History Culture : SISTER INVENTED HOME SECURITY SYSTEM African American History Culture 4
Kemetstry Black People : GIFTED YOUND SISTER THREATEND BY WHITES Black People Open Forum 0