Black People : Looting

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by NITAINO75, Sep 3, 2005.

1. NITAINO75

NITAINO75 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    This is an interesting article on looting from Wikipedia:

They brought up some excellent points imo. I post this because I noticed alot of topics on other messageboards about the looting and it's racial makeup in NO, that attempt to portray the many victims of the hurricaine as criminals. I also noticed the caucasoid/other racists try to use the looting to further their racist agendas.

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,383
    Are they really looters or saviors? That depends on who is doing the labeling doesn't it? Sort of like; FREEDOM FIGHTERS AND TERRORIST...SAME METHODS DIFFERENT LABELS.

3. NITAINO75

NITAINO75 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    They are saviors of themselves and of their loved ones no doubt (if that is what you meant?) but there's no question in my mind that the actions are justified under the circumstances.

4. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    If the government had provided aide like it was supposed to the day the hurricane hit so-called 'looting' of any type would not have occurred.

Four days to respond to such a tragedy is ridiculous! If this catastrophe doesn't clearly show where black people stand in this society, I don't know what will!