Black Authors : LOOKING FOR OPEN MIC NIGHT IN NYC

:wave: Hello and Welcome SwishaSweet :wave:

So glad you found us! I don't have any venues in NYC to tell you about, but we do have our very own live voice chat here and we have Open Mic Poetry every Friday Night beginning around 8 pm ET. All the poets come and take turns reading their work, perfecting their craft, receiving love from the rest of the Family ... just having a good time! Actually, reading your work on the mic is welcome 24 / 7, but Friday nights are devoted to this.

So please feel free to look around the house, get comfortable, share some poetry if you'd like, read the work of others, give some love, take part in any of the many discussions we have going on ... drink some koolaid out the fridge if you want ... well ... i just found out that the Family koolaid maker wasn't really giving us koolaid all this time ... she said that we been too broke and so all that we've been getting is water with some food coloring in it, and a dab a shugga ... *sigh* ... but you wouldn't even know that if i didn't tell you (cause i couldn't taste no difference!) ... so go ahead and get yo' self a nice tall glass of "koolaid" ... and make yourself at home !!! :)

Yes, please do make yourself at home.

Much Love and Peace!

:heart:

Destee

Well if you're just starting out there is a spot here in Philly I started out at. It's called Pearl of Africa. They have open mic every saturday night. It starts @ 8 and it's until when ever. It cost 5 dollars to enter. There is always great performers there and you'll learn alot. It's a family environment and it's nothing but love there. All is welcomed. If you want information about coming down just email me @ nubiengodess3@yahoo.com. Mean while I have some friends in NY well used to live in NY I'll ask them. Cause I know there is alot of them.

Much Love and Respect
Poetic Sista

let just welcome you within and do come join poet's like myself and others
in our open mic voice chat we be flowing and spreading our creation of
poetic voices around come on in visit us at www.destee.com/chat

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back