Black Spirituality Religion : Looking for an old gospel song - please help if you can

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I'm looking for an old gospel song that i absolutely loved and can't find hide nor hair of!

I don't remember the title or the artist, but i do know it was a Black Man singing it.

All i remember is that it contained the line ...

"Thanking God for the condition of my life as it is right now"

That line was repeated often, as if it was the title, refrain, something significant in the song.

I've searched and searched and can't find anything.

Anyone know the song / artist i'm talking about ... ??

Please help if you can.

Thanks a Bunch!

:heart:

Destee

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Destee

Well, right now, I'm stumped....got nuthin. lol

But, are you sure about that one line?

Are you sure it was only one man singing it or a male group?

Couldja give me a time frame?....like 60s?...70s?...80s?

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Oh My Gosh ... Thank You Sister Cherry ... i was so hoping you'd get in on this !!! :toast:

I'm absolutely sure of that one line. It got me thru some really rough times in my past. I remember singing and listening to it over and over again back in 1982 (to be exact) ... and i got the impression that it was an old gospel song ... i don't know the year it came out, but it seemed old in 1982 ... it useta come on a gospel radio show i listened to all the time ... i never actually bought the song ... (hmmmm ... i may call the radio station and see if anyone knows it).

I believe it was a choir singing with the Brother ... maybe a Pastor singing the song ... you know how they useta (and problee still) do the gospel songs ... the Pastor / Brother / Artist ... would be half singing, half preaching, half praying ... all thru the song ... so it problee wasn't just him ... more like a choir in the background with him.

The song was all about "Thanking God for the condition of your life as it is right now" ... even though it's really bad, be thankful ... oh my gosh ... yes, that's the line ... and it helped me so much during that time ... and i wanna hear that song again ... and i can't find it anywhere ... not even a mention! ... gggrrrr ... :)

I'll call the station and see what they say too ... down here in the South they still have real gospel stations ... wit the good ol' negro spirituals still playing ... yep ... i'm gonna see if'n they know ... and i'll let you know what they say.

Thanks So Much Sister ... let me know if you have any more questions and / or if you find anything.

Love You!

Destee

4. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

I have been checking from the time I saw the post...so far nothing...but will keep trying..hopefully before the end of the week I will have sumting..Lol:lol:

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

YAAAAAAAAAY ... Thank You Sister ... :love:

I'm gonna call that radio station too, problee tomorrow, and see if'n they know / remember.

I gotta check to see when the gospel hour starts, and speak to that DJ specifically, but i'll report back.

Thank You! :)

Destee

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    This song taught me how to be thankful when it didn't look like there was nuth'n to be thankful for ... :cry:

Oh My Gosh ... it brought me a mighty long way ... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just wanna hear it one moe time ... :music:

Love Yall!

Destee

7. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Destee

Yeah, I wuz lookin too..That's why I asked the questions.

But, now, I wanna know too. lol

The year you heard it may help....It may be an older song but whoever sang it then was probably a popular gospel singer and/or choir.

If you heard it that much on the radio, it had to be a hit gospel song by a known singer/group.

In the 80s, it coulda been: James Cleveland, the Jackson Southernaires, Walter Hawkins, Edwin Hawkins, Andre Crouch, or so many others.