Destee Network : Looking for advice on starting a business

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Supposed I was tired of working for other people and wanted to start my own small business. Where would I start to learn how to do this?

For example, say I was interested in starting a child-care service, I took classes and have been certified/registered in the state where I want to operate my business. But how would I get started?

Any advice?

If you have a ideal of what SBA you want to go into, talk to a Certify Accountant. Or you can register the name of your Company in your state (when you call have 3 or 4 handy names just in case the first one you want is taken) and get your State ID number for a small fee depending on the state you live in and then apply for you EIN number from the federal government, then you can go to your bank to open a business account,and keep records of your travel and other expense related to the business. And to keep in mind nothing comes easy, but in the end it is your's. Lots of web sites about how to start a small business, seacrch in your home town for an accountant this I would say is a plus to have
Peace

if you take the local comm. college courses in child care and get certified, you will learn the legal process and requirement for licensure and operating your business.

most child care businesses are eligible for a variety of loans and grants. not to say that any of that will walk over and plop into your lap, but there are opportunities.

you can apply for a business license or register a fictious name (a name that is not copy right proof) and open a bank account using your own ss# as your tax ID #. most states charge less than 10 bucks for a fictious name. just remember, you can copy right it, so you have to go back later and get a real license when you have enough money.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back