Black People : Looking Back At The Past

Keita Kenyatta

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 7, 2004
Sometimes when we look at human history, we naturally tend to look at it through the times that we live in and as such, through our own lens and understanding of that time. Let me give an example. When I was a child, one was not legally considered to be an adult until the age of 21...and up until that age our parents were still responsible for us. I remembered when they lowered it to 18 years of age. As time moved on they began to lower it even more if a crime was committed...meaning that one could be tried as an adult at age 15 or 14 or 13. In the state of Georgia one could be executed as young as the age of 7. I don't know if they still have that law on the books.

As time moved on and I grew a little more, I began to see two laws going on...the laws of man and the laws of nature. But before I get into that, I find it rather strange that the law said that you're an adult at 18 and yet no where in America that I'm aware of can an 18 year old go in a liquor store and buy alcohol unless they are legally 21 years of age. Someone please correct me if it is different in other parts of the country. So here is a clear contradiction....one can be old enough to die in a war but not old enough to drink.

The question now needs to be asked; "Does nature make mistakes"??? I think that this has to be answered before we can go any further. Does Nature Make Mistakes??? If so, why? If not, why not?

Well what I'm thinkin:
Another angle for the system to work! Long story made short:
@ 18 humans are graduating from school(a minor)! Therefore; the next step is "college!" So anyway the adults still arguably have control and responsibility of the minor until out of "college." They are still minors cause they "can't drink!" So acase has been made.
@ 18 folks are done with school(adults)! Then, they attend "real life!" Therefore, they can't drink legally but they serve liquor to pay bills etc. Anyway when they get caught up in ferminted fruit they are dealing illegal from all fronts. Cause no body is responsibled for them.
So nature has become drowned in man kind by their own "concious" doing! Nature is steady, man kind cant stay on track.

Well what I'm thinkin:
Another angle for the system to work! Long story made short:
@ 18 humans are graduating from school(a minor)! Therefore; the next step is "college!" So anyway the adults still arguably have control and responsibility of the minor until out of "college." They are still minors cause they "can't drink!" So acase has been made.
@ 18 folks are done with school(adults)! Then, they attend "real life!" Therefore, they can't drink legally but they serve liquor to pay bills etc. Anyway when they get caught up in ferminted fruit they are dealing illegal from all fronts. Cause no body is responsibled for them.
So nature has become drowned in man kind by their own "concious" doing! Nature is steady, man kind cant stay on track.

I understand where you are going and here's what's up. My question was geared to kind of like see if we regard "the laws of nature as being correct or the laws of man"? Man can easily say one thing but nature can say another. Classic example; When does a female consider herself to be a woman? Is it when you have a baby? Is it when you get your monthly? Is it when you reach a certain age? What is it? The same could be asked of brothers but with a twist to it...which I'll address once we can get this first part out of the way. Thank you.

Of course Nature makes mistakes.

Proof: Europeans. :-p

But it's interesting that you write the "Laws of Nature." I find the "Law of Nature" (singular) to be "Survive." And I find the European's idea of 18 to die and 21 to drink consistent with that law.

I want to expand on another point. We should firmly state that 'adulthood' isn't the second and final stage of existence (I recognize that you did not write this--I'm just expanding on another point). Adulthood for Europeans is 16. It's simply a matter of what they can be expected to handle at ages thereafter.

In Europe itself children can drink alcohol at whatever age. The prohibitions to death, killing and drinking more relate with the European's psychological defects and intellectual unpreparedness than a social distinction from 'childhood.'

I want to point out that in Africa we had age-grades. Though, I do not know how alcohol fit into this conception. In age-grades however, children went through rites of passages to become adults at even 13. However, soldiers and guards were in their twenties, and elders were older than forty. Of course, this age-grade system neglects to acknowledge how long Africans used to live, but its pattern is instructive.

Hotep,

Like I said system, which is built on cause and affect! I'm gonna do this cause it will affect me in this way (systematic thinking). That is mankind. Nature is the effect of the cause! This will effect me because.
Sounds like what your saying is now adays law of man overtakes nature or vise versa and is that true?
The law of man has defined the effects of nature. So the balance is off in my opinion! But the defining measures change with a worldly knowledge which enables nature to be not invited to the desicion making party. Who knows the most?
Well nature says a being inhabiting a child is everything:) Anywho, say they call usfemales from the beginning but now (2012) you can go to doc and then court and leave male hood for female hood through mankinds system! Comes with change...an example of leaving nature behind but the offbalance causes us to change with who runs this "law", man. Nature is consistant and not all ways interchangable. Which says that the "beginning" is an natural occurance.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back