Brother AACOOLDRE : Looking back and forward

Discussion in 'AACOOLDRE' started by AACOOLDRE, Dec 28, 2006.

1. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    Looking Back and forward

There’s nothing new under the sun. Sometimes history repeats itself. And then sometimes history takes on a new twist. Lets take a look in the past and see if things are changing.

Health and spirit

“…The lack of knowledge of man’s actual relations to his maker, and the dependence upon ancient religious practices have sometimes prevented the development of a health program. Things have changed little in this sphere. Divine healing is still popular, and Negroes in the backward districts neglect their health to prepare for the coming of the “Great Physician”. [today I’m concerned with churches having members take out life insurance policies for the church and the church advocating against medicine and surgery. I see a spiritual and economic conflict of interest]. In 06 Black ministers are becoming millionaires. Religion is a big business just like Christmas time is a big money maker.

On Religion:

“…The rural negroes, who because of custom and social and economic handicaps cannot develop any other professional class, must look to their clergy. Some white neighbors of the rural Negroes are glad to have it so. Under almost any sort of pretext a negro lawyer, physician, or dentist may be driven out of a rural community, if a few whites decide that he should go; but the negro preacher is seldom disturbed, if he “sticks to the bible”. he is regarded as a factor in making the church a moral police force to compel obedience to what is known as imperfect obligations. He is also an asset in that he keeps negroes thinking about the glorious time which they will have beyond this troublesome sphere and that enables them to forget their oppression here. White people, therefore, give more readily to religious work among the negroes than to any other of their needs, although what they do give is inadequate”.-The Negro in our History By Carter G. Woodson Ph.D 1922 & revised 1931

Lynching and Gang violence

Bracket entry is mine. I was wondering if things have changed and progressed since Woodson wrote this book. Probably not. I learned a disturbing figure in his book that 2,522 blacks were lynched by whites from 1885 to 1918. The KKK was incorporated in 1866 to keep Blacks on the same level as a slave. A sizeable portion of blacks have taken application as employees with the KKK to re-enslave themselves with lynching each other through gang violence, embalming themselves with dope and rationalizing that education is a abnormal thing. Black on Black crime rises above 2,522 murders a year which surpasses the white mob lynching for the above 33 year statistic. So every year the black community has well over 9-11 casualties levels. We have inflicted a reverse racism on our selves. We are denied bank loans but we refused to pool our resources together to own our own bank. If your disrespected at a restaurant then buy the franchise and fire that rude waiter.

Politics

“Whether or not the Negro was capable, whether he was honest, however, had little to do with the southern white man’s attitude toward the negro office holders. To produce evidence that the negroes lacked these essentials, the whites well knew, would help them to justify themselves to the world for using such harsh measures to overthrow the new regime…wherever they could, the native whites instituted government by investigation to expose all shortcomings of negro officials”. I see very little change since then. Whites seem to have a honeymoon with Barak Obama. He’s half white so they trust him 50%. But I recall the FBI spending millions to get Mayor Marion Berry on video tape smoking crack. They also spent millions having Mayor Coleman Young for 20 years and came up with nothing. When White business leaders dislike a black leader they sick the police and FBI to undermine them. This comment should be cut and pasted under the above religious section. Politicians still have the idea that voting and holding office are privileges for oppressing the weak rather than opportunities for serving humanity. On CNN today I just heard a political consultant thank John Edwards for bring the poor into the equation of political debate.

Conclusion

African-Americans should, need and have to end all of the self-inflicted racism on self so that we can pool our resources to deal with the other racism coming from the outside. Cleanse ourselves inside and out and stop repeating some of the past economic, social, legal and cultural abuse we went through in slavery, black codes and Jim and Jane crow. History, depending on how we use it, can be liberating or a stagnate walk with ball and chains.

2. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    That's a valid solution to some of what ails the black community. I take it you mean thousands of cleansed and enlightened individuals would take this and teach the unlearned,or unawakened.

Would you go world wide with this and reach consensus with all Blacks!

What about the cost,because it obviously would be a costly endeavor?

It is a bid at a solution. I think! Be Blessed!:)

3. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    AACOOLDRE

Please be very careful when using such terms. To my knowledge, there is only one type or form of racism. This racism/white supremacy is NOT and can NOT be self-inflicted by Black people.

Please careful in word choice.

Peace.

4. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    i don't know how many times i have seen ideas shot done as they were tossed up because of "cost". i've always wondered how that "arguement" has any validity before the idea is even discussed?! i would imagine that if an idea were ever actually allowed to grow beyond the introduction stage, by the time it got fleshed out, the cost question would work itself out:

1)once those people that were willing to discuss the idea and work out the issues got to the point of understanding what the idea entails, it might very well be found that they, themselves, have/ARE the resources to implement the idea.

2) until the idea gets worked out, how can anyone have any clue about what "costs" might be associated with it?

3) once that "worry" about "costs" rears it's head, all the "noise" of "yeah; what about cost" swamps the "signal" of the idea.

5. AACOOLDRE

AACOOLDRE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Teacher
    Ratings:
    +400
    I think there is such a thing as self-racism. For example Blacks do discriminate aganist each other based on how dark and light. Thinking that being educated is acting white. Hating yourself because your skin is black is a form of self-racism. Its effects are powerful but not as powerful as white racism