destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

How do we look at the same thing and see something different?

How do we help each other see the same thing ... where i see what you see and you see what i see?

:heart:

Destee

Destee said:

Sometimes we are taught to see differently and sometimes we believe half a picture is equal to a whole.

How do we help each other see the same thing ... where i see what you see and you see what i see?

Destee

Allow room for differences, know that different doesn't necessary mean "wrong". Take a minute to hear and invision life in someone elses shoes. Understand they may never see what you see, and except it's their right to choose not to.

Destee said:

Destee

I will attempt to answer the first question.

"How do we look at the same thing and see something different?"

If you live in the northern hemispere and I live in the southern hemispere, we both can look at the stars at night but what I see will be different from what I see because we both are looking at stars but from different POINTS of view. From different LOCATIONS.

Same with time zones. I can SEE Sirius emerging on the horizons at one time period from my location whereas making you won't SEE it for another twohours or more. And when It airses, I may SEE it "due east" while from your location, it may appear north of where I SEE it.

So, there are differences in Time and Space. These may appear to be illusions but the differences are quite real.

Some of us have experiences that shape our perspectives that are quite different from others. Not all of us have the SAME experiences. Not all of us have the SAME perspectives.

Such as "slavery". You have one historical perspective. I have another. Why? Because our family experiences were different.

Same with "race mixing". You have one historical perspective. I have another. Why? Again, because our family experiences were different.

Even though you live in present day Alabama. I live in present day texas. We both have family raised in Alabama. But they were raised in different time periods And their experiences were different.

This explains WHY I SEE some things different than YOU Sister Destee. My family experience is different from yours. So, I was raised differently, with a different perspective.

However, I am here because we SEE some things the same way. But we will never SEE everything the same way. Because we were raised differently. From different locations.

I can only help you to SEE some things that I SEE as you can only help me to SEE some of the things that you SEE. But we will never SEE Everything the same way. Because we have different experiences which shape our different perceptions.

These differences are what make you and I unique, in each of our own ways.

Peace and Divine Love.

Very true...

PurpleMoons said:
Sometimes we are taught to see differently and sometimes we believe half a picture is equal to a whole.

Allow room for differences, know that different doesn't necessary mean "wrong". Take a minute to hear and invision life in someone elses shoes. Understand they may never see what you see, and except it's their right to choose not to.

"Allow room for differences, know that different doesn't necessary mean "wrong".

Exactly Sister Purple Moons...

I can give one example but am hesitant...anyway...

Just as I view the "Divine Words of God" based upon literature which I INHERITED and what I have studied, other have thier viewpoint based upon their own study and "teaching".

My perspective is based upon a different teaching but that does not make it wrong. It doesnt mean that theirs is wrong either. its simply a different perspective based upon different teaching, different upbringing, different spiritual guidance and different experience.

NIce starter

I don't want to 2nd everything the brotha said....but I will...LOLOLOLOL

How you can...well most times people's culture and environment shapes how we process and see things...I HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE UNDERESTIMATE CULTURE!!!....ALSO CLARITY HELPS

MY FIRST MAJOR WAS ANTHROPOLOGY, I THINK I WILL TAKE SOME MORE CLASSES!

ANYWHEEW...PEACE

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back