Black Authors : lookin for advice evolving

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by daroc, Aug 5, 2004.

1. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    ok... so im tired of my style of writin... and the way i write.. i dont like the level im on.... i kno some people have told me.. it comes easier and better when ur spirituallity is stronger.. cus he tells u wat to rite and helps u... and then some say... growth and all that stuff comes wit time... and if i continue writing .. in some years ill be on other levels... and i guess u can jus say im either bored wit my style or inpatience... and i sit up here.. at this computer and read all these poems and be like... dang.. i likes that.. y cant i make it feel smooth like that.. or make it seem like the words are creatin they own dream... now i might be feelin this way cuz its my own stuff... but i dont kno... so im lookin fo some advice... from all yall poets out thurr.. if u aint read my stuff.. please dont be lazy and go find somin.. if not then jus give me some advice off the dome... on what u have done or somin.... give me somin.... please.. my pen is on one knee... beggin fo some advice... jus somin..lol

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    first sistah let ya inner soul relax and mind too , let the emotions of ya creativity
    loose and use vision to create any style it's a combo of many that brings a style
    of writting out.....what style u seek to scribe in ? and under what level u wish
    to carry it too? u have a gift so relax into it and i also learn from reading others
    flowing in the mix of there scribe made me create my own creation. what style
    u seek?

3. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Nothing wrong in your writing as I see it, I have enjoyed it. But if you decide you want to change, why not try copying the styles of some of the well known poets that you enjoy? Look at their rhyme schemes, the pacing, etc. I'm sure there must be some books out there that talk about poetry writing techniques. But, the main thing, like Rich said, sometimes you just have to be able to relax enough, and trust enough, to let yourself flow. I had stopped writing poetry, for many years, and when I got back into it, that was the hardest thing for me to do...just to relax and let the words drip. Peace.

4. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    so true one must relax in and let the open window of ya
    mind take u to a place as u flow it's all in the mixture

5. daroc

daroc Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +36
    thnaks for yall replies... i was thinkin.. maybe i need ot jus be more comforrtable wit my style .. and thn ill learn to appreciate it and love it.. isk.. but thanks for the advice.. im tryin to jus be patient and stay in chill mode and let everything flow

6. $$RICH$$

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    and it will all flow smoothly too ......u really have a great gift of talent

7. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    Ok Daroc. Who is driving the bus? You are. So when you get ready to write, you must take the wheel, and all your passengers us on a trip, to a location only you have a map and directions to. Then write for Daroc. Does the story, make you laugh. Does it excite you when the thought comes to mind. Have you heard a great comment, or something you read make you :hot: or take you off on a tangent. While writing, :look: around, relax take a break, and let yourself be driven. Moved. While flowing with it.

No special words. No special majic. Just you. :rolling: Enjoy the :spinn:

First let me say, you brought this to life. Sounds like many good people gave you you some very good advice. You too may be impatient as you said in your post.

" i guess u can jus say im either bored wit my style or inpatience... and i sit up here.. at this computer and read all these poems and be like... dang.. i likes that.. y cant i make it feel smooth like that.. or make it seem like the words are creatin they own dream... "

I like this. This brought your post to life. Have you ever been in love? Have you ever been hurt? Have you ever been ridiculed? Have you ever been late?

These passions and feeling you get just from living makes that flow you want to perfect. See we are telling you we can't experience your passion, but thru your work, and lifes journey and experiences. You will flow. Keep :spank: ing this thing. Never give up the effort. I have read some of your post. I found them very passionate and they flowed well. I like your pen on one knee. Visualize. Visualize.. then Visualize again. Give your characters, dimension. Give your thoughts places. Add the weather you love and hate. Blow the winds, and stand in the rain. How many times have you stood outside and stared at the moon at night. Glared at stars, listened to silence. Silence is very loud. Thunder is loud, but silence makes a loud clamor. Its a loud and sustained noise. You can measure it, its called white noise. Stand in the dark. How does that make you feel? What scares you. Only you have seen and felt what needs to be expressed to your readers. Flow on Daroc. You were and still are poet laureate.