Black People : LOOK WHAT THEY DONE TO OUR RELIGION!!!!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    HAUNTED AMERICA TOURS BY MAMBO SALLIE ANN GLASSMAN...:injured:

As a Vodou Manbo, Sallie Ann Glassman has led her Haunted Bywater neighborhood in community Vodoun rituals to fight crime and to ask for protection from hurricanes.

by A. Pustanio Photos by Ricardo Pustanio

Hurricane Protection Ritual

Sallie Ann Glassman has lived in New Orleans for over 25 years and owns the Voodoo shop, Island of Salvation Botanica in the Bywater Neighborhood. She is a Vodou Manbo, or priestess, and received her initiation in Haiti.

But at this time of year, when public officials hold conferences about the potential threat of hurricanes and local news media raise the issues in print and on TV, getting hit by a hurrican is just not something Manbo Sallie Ann will spend a lot of time being concerned about.

"I always just give it up to Danto and try not to worry about it," she said. "Worry is a pretty useless emotion. This will be the year, or it won't. It's up to her."

This is the Seventh Year that the Hurricane Protection Ceremony was performed In the center of the Street at her Piety Street botanica in the heart of the New Orleans Bywater.

So far, the Vodou, the Manbo, or something, has worked. The city has never taken a direct hit from a category 4 or 5 hurricane.

http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/voodoo/Voodoohurricane/Voodoohurricane.php

peace!
    iSAIAH

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

This is an awsome article brotha. Most people are unaware of the fact that most if not all of the wrought iron balconies in the french quarter were made by Haitian blacksmiths.

Ase

3. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62

But Brother Sek, didn't you notice that this woman is white - and her name sounds rather, ah, semitic?(smile!)

Plus, HAUNTED AMERICA TOURS??? Isn't that a perpetuation of the stereotypes of ATR we rail against??? Plus(as if that is not enough), she is using the religion to ruthlessly capitalize on the stereotype... Why can't these white people develop their own religions, and just leave us, and our thangs alone???

But brother, this goes back to what I said in that African americns back to africa thread... Our culture puts millions,if not billions of dollars, into these folks pockets... This is an example of what I was talking about...

Peace!
    Isaiah

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    To tell you the truth, I was wondering about that(if she was white), I was trying to see if I could click on a close up shot of her. Perhaps I made the mistake of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

My bad:bawling:

5. Kwaku Bendele

Kwaku Bendele Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    That's all they know how to do is steal from us
    Peace
    Ifayomi

6. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,743
    it seems as though the white people always jump to the front and find a way to make money.
    every time i am aware of a white person in ATR they are about the cash.

7. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    Excuse me Isaiah.. but i find myself in opposition of your comment.. because my family is creole.. and uhh.. hello? We are french/spanish & hatian.... most of them look white.. ore yellow.. this is a trait of being creole. we also took the names of our opressors... my grandmother is Lilly Porteasceau...im sure that sounds white as well...k know all blak history.... and dont be blinded that all blk ppl gotta have a tan http://www.frenchcreoles.com/marielaveau.html See the family photo album for her pic!

Barbados.. STAND UP!

8. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    Poetic, it is not a color thing, it is a culture thing...

HAUNTED AMERICA TOURS???

sister, I don't give a **** if she was COAL BLACK and from the KONGO, it does not give her the right to be using our ancestral religions in such a distasteful way... Do you believe, sister, that the religion of VODUN is about Haunted houses??? That is carnivalizing African traditional religion...

Peace!
    Isaiah

9. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
  10. Isaiah

Ratings:
    +62
    I thank you, brother Hodee... I wanna thankee ver' much!(smile!)
    Sister POETIC, now, does that chick look like any of your relatives???(smile!)

Whew, hope not!!!!(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah