Black Authors : look people are hatin on this site here's what i sugguest

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by MADDRAPPER, Dec 16, 2004.

1. MADDRAPPER

MADDRAPPER Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    post a rule which states that before posting you must peep atleast two posts with the least replies first or your post will be closed this rule will give love to everyone and not just a few

2. 1poetsought

1poetsought Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Poet
    Ratings:
    +606
    There is a conglomerate of love where monopoly is played ~

3. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i agree mad...
    thas a great suggestion...
    i'll take it up with my superiors...

it's already a rule that you should respond to at least 1 poem...
    but maybe there should be some more effort into maintaing that standard...
    i'll get back to you and let u know da deal...

one love
    khasm

4. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
    could have them post the two title of the two pieces in their threads they reponed to if need being but its getting atrocious in here some get all the love and others none feel me this is only a sugguestion

5. HODEE

HODEE Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    (RF) Technician
    ( Alonewolf ) California.. by way of the LOU
    Ratings:
    +795
    This has been a valid concern for some time now.

Post or leave comes to mind. Then it was a concern that little or not enough feedback was being said within a post.

Example:
    Nice post!
    Or just saying flow on poet!
    Or I like the post!
    What is enough?

Is it a read quota to be concerned with or a posting concern that should be addressed? Should it be an issue at all?

This like any other site is a place to post first, to read second to respond third. You may disagree, but this what I believe. I'm not saying that to read then respond and then post isn't a valid concern. I'm just looking at the fact that when I have a thought it is to record that thought for me.

Desire to stay on the top of the list is the real issue. Only responses keep you there. It doesn't mean you didn't have something important to share or say. Some post get by a lot of folks, later that post gets read, and I have seen months later that post gain responses.

Who wouldn't want to get feed back.

Is it time to get the post you like out to a larger audience? ( ie: publish your best works you like and want to share )

Personally I like many post here. It is natural to see or read what is on the front of the threads. Our front porch. I have to admit I don't respond to all. I do try and support the least posted . I do read and like many I don't comment on.

Would a check ( like a survey: with preposted comments involved speed things along and satisfy ) as well as a comment type of response work to help in this issue?

If you knew who looked at your post, that would put to rest the issue of favoritism suggested here.

Don't hit me to hard with the :skillet: Just asking!

6. watzinaname

watzinaname Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +122
    Madd, there are a few things I need to say...First of all, I don't think your request is totally without merit, but it brought several things to mind. There was a time Madd, when you would drop quite a few threads and hardly respond to anyone's. Well, after many hints regarding give love or leave, you started responding, and that was a good thing. Here lately though you have gotten a bit insulting, and some of the poets you have insulted, didn't seem to deserve it. So, what is up with that?

Also, I do respond to some of your posts, not as much as $$Rich$$ does, and goodness knows, you shouldn't even think about insulting him, but more than most. Often, after I read your posts, I am not sure of what to say. Triniti recently responded to one of your posts saying that she doesn't always understand rap "lingo", and well, neither do I. And I feel odd sometimes responding with, yea, flow on my brother, when I feel as though I have missed the point of your work. Also, as blkangel pointed out to you inside her own thread, smh, you use some terms sometimes that can easily offend others...if I understand the poem, but I feel offended, no I will not respond.

I know this is long, I'm almost done. Then there are those times when I get what you're saying, and I don't feel offended...Now those are the times when I am grinning from ear to ear, eagerly posting a response, saying yea brotha, I hear you, I get you, and I like the way you brought this piece. I guess what I'm trying to say with all this, is that not everybody is out to get you Madd, I think we're just trying to understand you. Peace brotha.

7. MADDRAPPER

Ratings:
    +7
    well I'm not the one on trial here it's the integrity of this site

8. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    :read: Umm lol actually brotha no one is on trial here *giggles* :skillet:

I do believe its jes famlee conversin' ya hear :hearthis:

There is no judge and jury in simple conversings :look: :) discussions are healthy :) lets grow famlee

9. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Re-Open

Hello Poet's & Family as i see and watch this thread
    I would like everyone to know that this wasn't poetry
    and upholding our rules and standard this a discussion
    that can be taken to (Books-written-poetry discussion forum)
    (NO POLL OR DISCUSSION ALLOWED IN POETRY)
    I am now closing this thread .

IN ALL DUE RESPECT AND REQUEST THIS NOW REOPEN
    in the future note that any poetry discussion you can post them
    here once again thank you family / poet's ................................ :thinking: