Black Poetry : Look At This Brother Here (Barack Obama)

the power of the POSITIVE written word...

we can always find fault in the system...fault in each other...fault in another. it's nice to see the positive come to light...and push the darkness away. too many of us are busy pointing fingers of disgust at him...then get upset when the white man says something negative about him. leaves me upset with all of them...coz those same people had nothing negative to say about bush, who was the worst leader this nation has ever had. so, i THANK YOU, for the spirit in which this was written...and the image it conveyed.

the river floweth.

we can always find fault in the system...fault in each other...fault in another. it's nice to see the positive come to light...and push the darkness away. too many of us are busy pointing fingers of disgust at him...then get upset when the white man says something negative about him. leaves me upset with all of them...coz those same people had nothing negative to say about bush, who was the worst leader this nation has ever had. so, i THANK YOU, for the spirit in which this was written...and the image it conveyed.

the river floweth.

T.Y. you brother, the poems come from yrs of negative living.
I was skeptical about Obama at first, but I thought long and hard
about it not being ALL about my opinion, but what it can mean
for the future generation of Black young Black kids. No one is perfect,
and Obama is far from perfect as the next man, but... we must at least give him more than 10 months to allow him to make change , if it will any cahnge at all.
If he can encaurage ONE child to do better, and reach for the stars,
than I'm all for that, and i'll levae my personal opinion at the doorstep.

Today, history was made, today, tears rolled down my Grandmas face
Some of my most memorable moments of President Obama's win was witnessing the faces of the elderly and trying to imagine the overwhelming emotion they were experiencing. I enjoyed the read. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Good flow!

feelin'itsouldeep!
Coco:dance:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back