Black People : Look at MS WISCONSIN Strut her Stuff! &...Nicki too!

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chevron Dove, May 17, 2011.

1. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Look at MS WISCONSIN Strut her Stuff! & …Nicki too!

Shaletta Porterfield, Miss Wisconsin 2011!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is just one of the beautiful young women that will be competing for the Miss USA crown this upcoming June 12, 2011 and although, I‘d like to watch it, I seem to always forget win it actually airs, and lately, I seem to have a short attention span for television these days. At any rate, hopefully the man behind this pageant can now stop his craziness against with regards to politics and, what I think was a bunch of trickery anyway, and get back to promoting these beauties. I wish the best for all the girls and especially Ms. Colorado as her story of her losing her home has become a prevalent issue now. For me, it’s pretty cool to see these some of these African American beauties get exposure because, as we all should know, it was not this way a while back with regards to these pageants. What I so loved about Miss Wisconsin was her fierce strut in the Miss Wisconsin USA pageant, the competition that got her the crown! Yes! I wish I had long legs like that…well, anyway… When I saw this short blog, it also reminded me of an awesome 2008 film called, Rain, about a young girl, named Rain, played by a cute young actress Renel Brown, who lived on the islands of the Bahamas. It is about how, after her grandmother died, she was sent to live with her mother, and how she dealt with the conflicts that arose.

What got me about this story is that Rain’s mother, Gloria, played by the actress, Nicki Micheaux, was dealing with drug addition and living in a poverty stricken area dubbed, the Graveyard, but she was a young mother. It seems so real too, how young Black women are made to grow up too fast and faced with motherhood probably before they even know how to just be young girls first. Even though the mother obviously wanted the best for her little girl, she had to deal with so many issues in her life, of which I can really understand. It was as if she had to grow up right in front of her child. It was gripping. Although, I’ve never seen the actress Nicki Micheaux before in any films, in this film, Man!--She worked that walk out! I love her accent, and it reminds me so much of some of my relatives and friends in Charleston, South Carolina! Anyway, I loved the music in this film too, and one of my favorite parts was when Nicki Micheaux strutted her stuff, amidst the back drop of the island scenes as the music was playing. This movie was so awesome and I hope that it was beneficial for the purpose it was said to have been made. Anyway, here are some pictures and brief blogs of the actresses in the film, Rain, and Miss Wisconsin:

[​IMG]
    Renel Brown

[​IMG]
    Nicki Micheaux

[​IMG]

2. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    Me thinks this is a good post! It's kinda kool to support some sistas, young sistas, older sistas...sistas...!

Anyway, I'm wishing this young lady all the best too! Blair Griffith, Ms. Colorado USA:

[​IMG]

3. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    Personally, I'm not a fan of Miss "Anything" America. This country's' standard of beauty is based on too much physical and/or material, with the white standard of beauty being the ruler. Case in point, dark skin blacks.
    The sister is beautiful. But the title she wears, for me, tarnishes her luster.

4. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    I don't know what happened to my picture of Nicki Micheaux! I posted it, and checked it and today, it is gone! So, I have another one. I really like this one, because I like her hair do. And here's some more information about the film, Rain. The director is, Maria Govan. The other known actress pictured here with Renel Brown is, CCH Pounder. Renel Brown, the young actress, really does run track! I love to see the Olympics for this reason; the women's track and field and to see our american team, Jamaica and the Bahama team put it down!--Those girls can go! Plus, it makes me want to get up from this computer and work out. They make me feel like I can do it!--get fit and healthy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Renel Brown (Rain)
    Rain is Renel Brown's first film. She is a native of New Providence, Nassau, where she lives with her mother, father, sister and four brothers. She attends S.C. McPherson Junior High and loves arts, crafts, singing, and dancing. She is on her school's running team and has just competed in the island's International Sports Day. Renel looks forward to continuing acting after the enlightening and overwhelming experience of playing the title role in Rain, which she describes as, "the best thing that's ever happened to me." ...

http://www.rainafilm.com/Cast.html

5. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    I understand where you are coming from.

They are young though, and I hope that things will get even better as a whole for us and not be sucked into the white standard of beauty as being the ruler.

6. Amnat77

Amnat77 Well-Known Member MEMBER

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Right, and the whole thing is headed by Donald Trump..

7. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    yes. i plan to put some other Black African beauties up promoted by other sponsors, as well.

8. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    Donald Trump owns the whole Miss America franchise..

9. Chevron Dove

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,732
    okay. But I was not just talking about promoting Black beauty byway of the pageants, as I hope people can see from my other post with in this thread and etc.

At any rate, please help me to understand why you find a problem now, when you, posted a thread about Ms. Colorado yourself, and how sad you were that she was homeless. Did you say anything in your thread about Donald Trump in your thread?--Or just that you were so sad that Ms. Colorado was homeless? Why would you have a problem with it now that I posted a thread about Ms. Wisconsin struting her stuff so fiercely and Ms. Colorado as well?

I only posted this thread because, I wanted to highlight these lovely young ladies doing something positive, concerning Black beauty.

10. Amnat77

professional.
    Ratings:
    +2,622
    The post was to show case her story, had nothing to do with the beauty pageant ..did you miss the part about her father dying her mother falling sick the government denying her mother medical insurance- hence the reason she became the breadwinner of her family then subsequently losing their home?