Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
Hey Fambly,

Lonesome and lonely ain't the same
One is sweet the other is pain
from Soft Song by Saundra Sharpe

We sometimes feel lonesome when we are full of good news or something happens or we just want to share what we have and feel with others.

When we are lonely, however, that is when we feel empty and want someone to fell us.

As sista Yemoja said no one can give us what we don't already have. We were not created empty. We were created with the seeds for everything we are destined to be. Emptiness is a sign we have not taken the time to cultivate those seeds. The plants that others have cultivated for themselves are alien to the soil of our own soul and so can not remedy our empty feelings for any length of time. And when two people get together regurgitating mutual feelings of emptiness that feeling is only perpetuated.

Dead Letter

Dear You,
Why don't you be somebody I can love?

Signed,
Me

Dear Who,
Why don't you be somebody?

We must look inside ourselves and cultivate/nurture what we have then we will attract people who have done the same and a healthy relationship of mutual sharing will ensue.

This has been a public service message brought to you by Da River

We sometimes feel lonesome when we are full of good news or something happens or we just want to share what we have and feel with others.

When we are lonely, however, that is when we feel empty and want someone to fell us.

I would agree with the definitions given here; but I would transpose the words.

IMO, "lonesomeness" is a feeling of sorrow and depression, when one feels abandoned, forsaken, deserted.....desolate.....empty.

And, "loneliness" is a feeling of separation, being cut-off from others with whom one can share.

In this context, I believe that "loneliness" is, and can be, a temporary state.

But, "lonesomeness" can be a prolonged/protracted state and much more destructive to one's mental and emotional well-being.