Black Positive People : Long Lost Sisters Reunited at Track Meet

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
Long-Lost Sisters Reunite At Track Meet

By NewsOne Staff

Jordan lived her seventeen years of life thinking she had no siblings. So did another young lady, Robin.
That changed during a Jan. 9 track meet in Washington, D.C., where they were competing with their high school teams, WUSA 9 reports.
“My team was like she looks just like you,” Jordan said referring to Robin. During their brief meeting, Jordan found out Robin’s last name was Jeter and immediately she started crying.
“I had already known about my adoption and I knew my last name was Jeter,” Jordan said.
That night, the two spoke on the phone constructing the past seventeen years of their lives.
SEE ALSO: No Second-Class Families
“I asked her what’s your mother’s name on your birth certificate, what’s her birthday, what does your birth certificate say at the bottom,” Robin said.
Jordan laughed as she recalled the conversation, saying “I was like ‘what is this? An interrogation?’”
Jordan is a junior at Wilson High School. She was adopted shortly after her birth. Robin is a senior at Friendship Collegiate. At first, she was with her biological mother, but eventually went into foster care. Now, she is with a legal guardian. Though they have lived in the same city for seventeen years, they never crossed paths. Ironic, given that their high schools are a mere ten minutes away from each other.
At first I didn’t know I had any siblings,” said Robin. ”As time went on, I only knew I had one sibling, I didn’t know I had anymore.”
The girls look very much alike. One can almost say they are twins. They share the ame shoe size, same double jointed thumbs and even sound alike.
“People can’t even tell us apart on the phone,” Robin said. ”We’re always just playing around with people on the phone.”
READ MORE http://newsone.com/2449818/jordon-robin-jeter-washington-d-c/

It's nice reading happy stories like this.:) Reading of too much gloom will drive a person...straight off a cliff. gosh! :SuN008:

Ha, but it kind of reminds me of me and my sis when they said they sound alike and they play around with peeps on the phone. Though we look absolutely different from each other, people can't tell much difference in our voices. It gets pretty funny when on a phone trying to convince someone your not your sister. :D

"I'm not playing, for real, it's Angela! For real!! I'm so serious!!" Then when you start laughing at the ridiculousness of it, they think you're admitting guilt. And it's back to square one. :confused::lol:

sisters.jpg

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back