Black Relationships : Long Distance Relationships

Hey sis,

Funny you should bring this up. I got married after a two and a half year LDR. After four horrendous months I escaped with my life. Let me tell you the man I found mlyself married to was not the man that I married. I never saw the Mr. Hyde in him until we were hitched. At first I would joke that there were two of him--Roy 1 and Roy 2. Then one day he got really agitated and screamed DON'T SAY THAT. Hmmm I've struck a nerve there somewhere.

It's hard enough to know someone when you are around them a lot and know their friends and family. But with an LDR you really don't know how much of what they've told you about themselves is real. This man is my sister's husband's stepfather's younger uncle. They played cupid (which is stupid) and we got married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Fortunately I have a different experience than sister River. My wife and I were also involved in a long distance relationship before we got married (I was living in Maryland and she was in New York). Long distance relationships are difficult. However if the two people are dedicated and committed to each other they can work. The relationship needs the people involved to put forth the effort to make it work. In the case of myself and my wife, I drove up to see her almost every weekend. My wife made herself available to me when I came. We talked to each other every day during the week. Both of us enjoyed each other's company when we were together. In short we put forth the effort to make the relationship successful. This is necessary in any long distance relationship.

panafrica said:
Fortunately I have a different experience than sister River. My wife and I were also involved in a long distance relationship before we got married (I was living in Maryland and she was in New York). Long distance relationships are difficult. However if the two people are dedicated and committed to each other they can work. The relationship needs the people involved to put forth the effort to make it work. In the case of myself and my wife, I drove up to see her almost every weekend. My wife made herself available to me when I came. We talked to each other every day during the week. Both of us enjoyed each other's company when we were together. In short we put forth the effort to make the relationship successful. This is necessary in any long distance relationship.

Aww that's wonderful..thanks you two for the input..

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back