Black People : Living off the Grid/ Matrix

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Feather, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Feather

Feather Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +412
    !

the gov didn't make these people move because they want the land they don't want these ideals to spread. but it is possible. these people don't have electricity bills or many of eh luxuries you all are used to.

can you live without a phone?
    a television or media?
    grocery market flavor enhanced toxic foods?
    surviving without the gov is possible but are we willing to sacrifice the things we were born into?

2. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    Being off grid doesn't have to mean living like a pauper.
    There are tons of technologies for supporting living off the grid, being independent, and self-sufficient. Europeans are doing this now. I believe that green technology offers an excellent opportunity for Nubian communities around the globe to transform themselves.

I can let go of most things except the Internet :). I live by the Internet.
    I always have access to the Internet no matter where I go.

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    what are you going to do when the gum'ment turn your ISP off?

4. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    I'll be hurtin' :).
    One can always pack up and go to where the opportunity is.
    Canada wouldn't be too bad a place to head to.

I backed up a lot of stuff... so I won't run out of books to read or anything.

5. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,729
    some are trying to establish a new network design that goes around the ISP hubs and cannot be easily shut down-----a MESH network

Internet Freedom Fighters Build a Shadow Web

Governments and corporations have more control over the Internet than ever. Now digital activists want to build an alternative network that can never be blocked, filtered or shut down
    In Brief
    • The Internet was designed to be a decentralized system: every node should connect to many others. This design helped to make the system resistant to censorship or outside attack.
    • Yet in practice, most individual users exist at the edges of the network, connected to others only through their Internet service provider (ISP). Block this link, and Internet access disappears.
    • An alternative option is beginning to emerge in the form of wireless mesh networks, simple systems that connect end users to one another and automatically route around blocks and censors.
    • Yet any mesh network needs to hit a critical mass of users before it functions well; developers must convince potential users to trade off ease of use for added freedom and privacy.

6. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    There are lots of places to access free Internet [libraries, McDonalds, Dunkin Donuts, and lots more]. I haven't paid for internet access in years.

Also, I can't speak from personal experience because I have never had to go there, but there are apps you can download off the Net to break into 'secured' WiFi. 'secured' WiFi is everywhere.

7. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    Do keep us up to date...

And thanks in advance!

8. thePreacher

thePreacher Banned MEMBER

Agent Of Change
    Ratings:
    +815
    Remember the decentralized network Zion built in the Matrix movies to bypass the Matrix? Same basic idea.

Any two people with wifi enabled laptops can bypass ISPs to internetwork. Furthermore, nowadays a lot of people have wifi enabled smart phones. In fact, typically, they can disable Cellular data and communicate data only across wi-fi. That avoids ISP charges for data usage and also, at least for now, avoids Big Brother's anti-constitutional eavesdropping.

And, note, I have not yet even mentioned bluetooth alternatives.

The Smiths are dreaming. They will never will be able to control our access to the Net, not that they will not keep trying.

"We are going to tell the people what the Smiths do not want them to hear. We are going to show them a world without rules and controls, without borders and boundaries, a world where anything is possible."

9. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    I don't feel or think our relations issues/problems/etc. reflect that of being lost in illusions that a world lost is before us is what the master programmers continue to mislead us with...

If anything, our 'black' reality is downright dystopian, as though we can live outside of 'white' society, presume or assume we aren't a part of it...

I. e., the street life subculture was only relegated to a handful, not considered the be all/end all of our very survival, back in the day...

Let's do contrast current day misconceptions with our experiences as a people, i. e., back during slavery/thru U. S. style apartheid/aka 'Jim Crow' segregation, etc.

To me, it's just a flip side of 'I too am an american', i. e., whereas more than Malcolm exposed the idealistic takes hyped by the Civil Rights movement mainstays, e. g., to those who failed to contrast the exceptions they knew personally, with the numbers of less well educated whites etc. who are more seduced by the mass media than most blacks are, e. g., since most of the actors are white and images etc. are white oriented, so even easier to mislead the current folk into believing those are benevolent rich folks running things, not louses like billionaires turned mayors and governors ad naseum...

Not to digress, but if all that being black is the opposite of being white, then no need to do research/write articles/etc., i. e., repute the lies of the haters with the truth...

It seems and sounds that it is whites who don't measure up to our idealized image of them, too many of our less enlightened colored folk just give up striving or trying at all, whereas the reality is some of everybody chose illegal means to accomplish their dreams and schemes, as well as our ancestors/forebears/etc. were about a lot more than being like the typical social climbers before or since them...

My and the point: Our fates are bad reflections of 'us' vs 'them', whereas whatever the individual does get out of the present arrangements etc., this nation's agendas are meant to benefit thee (as in better off white folk), not me and you...

So, we have gone full circle, i.e., since the calls of Huey Newton etc., and the revolutionary transformation of this nation's people continues to be needed/long overdue...

10. chuck

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,528
    When those of their shared ethnic/racial/background went alone with enslaving their ancestors etc., i. e. , for the sake of advancing themselves, then some are bound to doubt uniting on the basis of their race will work...

When a people chooses to believe that everything about their faith was/is justified by quotes from a bible (even though that bilbe was revised to promote the agendas of the white royality of it time) then some are bound to doubt their faith, too...

Also, what are we doing, if we seek salvation via a computer controlled Matrix, other than giving up sayso of our lives to yet another master?

The reality is of those whites (among others) who prefer means/ways/etc. to get us to kill off each other, all the while playing puppet masters, from a distance...

The opposite of pride in oneself is accepting a watered down version, meant for public consumption, i. e., all style/no substance...

These didn't use to be called 'hoods', nor were law breakers past generations role models: instead we know who the big crooks are, and they don't hang out in 'crack dens, though aren't much better than those who do...

It is a nation which is rotten at the core:

We need to strive to replace it with something better than the present b. s.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black off the grid communities

2. black people living off grid

3. black people off the grid