Black Poetry : living in the past (supposed to be called maybe)

NileReflection

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 9, 2003
Connecticut
Occupation
student
Maybe it’s the way the wind caresses my body with your name, and causes my aura to shiver
Maybe it’s the familiar way the rain used to fall when you and I would talk
Maybe it’s the lingering warmth from when you used to hold my hand
Maybe it’s the way the way you turned my body into the Sun and looked right through my soul
Maybe it’s the fact that I still can’t let you go
Maybe it’s the way you loved my mind and made love to me by fading moonlight, bringing me each and every star, singing me each and every psalm
Maybe it’s the way you spoke, letting each word penetrate the invisible space between us
Maybe it’s the way you showed me all of you, standing naked before me, trusting me with you entire Being
Maybe it’s the way you eyes always traveled to mine, needing me when I needed you to
Maybe it’s the fact that you are the realest, the closest I’ve ever gotten to total Bliss
Maybe its your kiss, Drawing out through your lips the heaven I know that existed in you
Maybe it’s the way you make my emotions erupt within my heart, spilling out within the circles of your arms
Maybe it’s because I can make out your face in every cloud
Or maybe it’s because I make-believe
Maybe I really believe in you
Maybe it’s because I’m just scared
But I would like to think it’s because
I love you

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back