destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Peace and Blessings Family,

I introduced this new feature this past weekend, via the Kitchen Table. I was trying to get it all working, but as usual, it's going to take some ramping up. It did work, but not as smoothly as I want. I'll be working on it more this week and hopefully by this weekend, it will be more stable ... :callme:

What this is ... is a Live Talk Conference ... where if you call in from your phone to - 1-866-4-DESTEE - you will be a part of the Destee Family Conference Call. Everyone can hear everyone else. We will also be broadcasting live on destee.com. It's my hope that we will have our own "live radio call in show" - which is what this is (in essence) - 24/7. Of course I cannot man the station 24/7 by myself, so we will have to grow into it. Until then, we will have live shows as often as I can do them.

The way it works is ... you call - 1-866-4-DESTEE - and you'll be automatically brought into the conference on mute. Your mic is muted, but you can hear. If you want to talk, you can press *5 on your phone, which raises your hand - the host will see your hand raised and call on you to speak when it's your turn. Of course you can leave the conference at any time by hanging up your phone. You can also listen live via destee.com. There is not a way (at this time) to call-in directly from destee.com, but I do want that.

You do not have to be a Member of destee.com to call / participate but we do want you to join destee.com ... :look:

It's my hope with this coronavirus pandemic, social distancing, etc., we will have another way to come together, share, discuss this phenomena, as well as anything else we want to talk about. We can reassure each other that we are not alone in this, even though we may be alone in our homes. We can give live updates to each other about what is going on in our own locations. You can take part from anywhere that you have a telephone, making Internet access not absolutely necessary.

Of course destee.com rules apply, no cursing, disrespect, etc.

I am very excited about this. It's something I have wanted a very long time.

The initial run had some bumps but I'm confident I'll be able to resolve them.

I will be sharing more as I learn more.

Again, it's my hope that this weekend we can go live again.

If you have any questions please ask.

YAAAAAAY Us! :yaay: :yaay: ... :callme:

Much Much Love and Peace.

:heart:

Destee

I introduced this new feature this past weekend, via the Kitchen Table. I was trying to get it all working, but as usual, it's going to take some ramping up. It did work, but not as smoothly as I want. I'll be working on it more this week and hopefully by this weekend, it will be more stable ... :callme:

What this is ... is a Live Talk Conference ... where if you call in from your phone to - 1-866-4-DESTEE - you will be a part of the Destee Family Conference Call. Everyone can hear everyone else. We will also be broadcasting live on destee.com. It's my hope that we will have our own "live radio call in show" - which is what this is (in essence) - 24/7. Of course I cannot man the station 24/7 by myself, so we will have to grow into it. Until then, we will have live shows as often as I can do them.

The way it works is ... you call - 1-866-4-DESTEE - and you'll be automatically brought into the conference on mute. Your mic is muted, but you can hear. If you want to talk, you can press *5 on your phone, which raises your hand - the host will see your hand raised and call on you to speak when it's your turn. Of course you can leave the conference at any time by hanging up your phone. You can also listen live via destee.com. There is not a way (at this time) to call-in directly from destee.com, but I do want that.

You do not have to be a Member of destee.com to call / participate but we do want you to join destee.com ... :look:

It's my hope with this coronavirus pandemic, social distancing, etc., we will have another way to come together, share, discuss this phenomena, as well as anything else we want to talk about. We can reassure each other that we are not alone in this, even though we may be alone in our homes. We can give live updates to each other about what is going on in our own locations. You can take part from anywhere that you have a telephone, making Internet access not absolutely necessary.

Destee

A wonderful idea @Destee, looking forward to call in from the site when that option avails.

Destee
Sorry I missed it. Will try to be on it next time.

I have successfully set everything up now. I have had the station live several times over the past 48 hours, received calls, had conversations, without issue ... :callme:

Our station has 24/7 capability, but unfortunately, I cannot do 24/7 time on it. Manning the station these past 48 hours has been challenging. Even when there aren't calls coming in, taking place, etc., one has to watch for new calls coming in, requiring almost dedicated attention to the effort. I will have to set a specific time for me to be available for shows, perhaps in the evening - like 6-10 pm ET or something like that. I am not sure yet, as it's still a work in progress.

I am looking forward to having a "web site ownership hour" where folk can call in with questions about owning a web site, what it takes, questions they may have about their own web site, etc. Again, no hard plans on this yet, it's all still early, but this is something I would like to do.

I am still working on making a "call in" button from destee.com, so you don't have to use your phone to call in. Give me more time on this.

Overall, they system works great and I will post more updates here as needed.

Loving Us!

Destee

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back