LIVE foods... Our pact to eat more of them!

Discussion in 'Black Health and Wellness' started by Ionlyspeaktruth, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    Asham people. Last night in chat with Bro Old Soul we discussed eating/living better. We came up with the idea to each add at LEAST 1 "Live" food item each month. Yes you can do more. Please list what you are grubbin on and give some input. ie... whether it is good or tastes like an old boot. TY and GOOD LUCK!

Oh pls look up what ""Live" foods are for yourself. This will help educate yourself.

2. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Hey brotha IOnly,

Thanks for getting the ball rolling.

I am going to include oranges in my diet while they are in season.

Like many of us I thought for a long tim that oranges are summer fuit. The media has oranges associated with sunshine in our minds and it has become a part of what we would call common sense. But I found out the truth is oranges are winter fruits that grow in places like Florida and California where the winters are mmild.

Oranges are rich with vitamin C. I prefer the smallest ones that are easier to grab than the big sit down major commitment oranges.

Also citrus juice from fruits like oranges, pineapples, etc is good for hellping apples and bananas keep their color in the fridge. My body is supposed to be brown. A banana is not:D

3. queentswana

queentswana Well-Known Member MEMBER

day care provider (own business)
    Ratings:
    +161
    Ionly, needless for me to look this up cause I'm very familiar with the live foods/juicer and steaming...I'll be back to add my 'Live food.

4. Fine1952

Fine1952 Happy Winter Solstice MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,781
    I agree

I have been a vegan since Feb 2007. It was a hard weaning process because I had eaten meat for sooo long.

What struck me most was the fact that dead animal flesh just sits in the system and decays causing dis-ease. Queen Afua has a very good book on the topic the called "Heal Thyself"....she is wonderful and the fact that she is KMT-centered is right on point!

As a child my Mother never tired of feeding me vegetables, so I grew up loving them all...with meat, however.

The "Juicer" is next on my list!!!:hammer:

5. Ionlyspeaktruth

Ionlyspeaktruth Banned

Ratings:
    +6
    I just had a veggie burger

and a protien shake. used fresh papaya, strawberries etc... Since i dont drink milk or soada, this is my drink of choice. I also had a mango today. i am fighting off a cold/bug so I will be attacking it hard. lots of herbal teas :coffee:

6. Knowledge Seed

Knowledge Seed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +551
    Red Wine is good for getting rid of a lot of diseases.

7. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Warning

Be careful about those so-called vegetarian substitutes for non vegetarian foods.

I thuoght veggie cheese was a ma'atsend. Then I read the ingrediants. There is not one vegetable in veggie cheese.

Think about it. By the time they finish putting natural foods through all them processes to make it look and taste like a hotdog it can't be whatever it was originally.

Anyway, this a.m. I went down to the grocery store and bought me some salad fixings. Came home took a big bowl made me a delicious, delightful and delectible salad of baby spinach, green olives, roasted red peppers, pickled califlower and artichoke hearts. Didn't need no salad dressing. It was gooooood. Then I had my daily orange. And now even my skin smells sweet.

8. OldSoul

OldSoul Permanent Black Man PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Staying Alive
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +976
  9. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    I would say try to access some Acai berries. Can't go wrong with the Antioxidant content.

KWABENA