Black Sports : LISA LESLIE DUNKED !!! SO WHAT

Discussion in 'Black Sports' started by oceolo, Jul 11, 2005.

1. oceolo

oceolo Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +15
    Why do they try to make womens basketball compete on the same level as mens basketball? During the WNBA All star game, Lisa Leslie dunked . This dunk might have been more impressive if the other basketball players didnt clear out of the way and let her dunk in a vain attempt to bolster the womens game. Womens basketball should stop trying to make their game resemble the mens game .Women cant do the things that men can do athletically,so they should just concentrate on their skills and fundamentals -- which are the strengths of the womens game. Trying to compete with the men only hurts their game.

2. PoeticManifesta

PoeticManifesta Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    WDF?

THATS A VERY SEXIST COMMENT.. TO SAY THE LEAST.. I AGREE THERE ARE THINGS THAT ARENT GENERALLY DONE BY WOMEN.. THAT DOES NOT MEAN ALL WOMEN CANT DO IT! THERE IS ALWAYS AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.. WHY IS IT INPORTANT FOR HER TO DUNK.. BECAUSE.. APPARENTLY WOMEN HAVE BEEN TOLD FOR YEARS..THAT WE COULDNT.. ITS LIKE BEING TOLD YOU CANT RIDE IN THE FRONT OF THE BUS.. :bus: JUST BECAUSE YOU TELL US WE CANT THAT DOSENT MEAN WE DONT WANT TO.. AND ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE SOMEONE SAYS THAT THEY GUNNA DO IT.. AND AINT JACK YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT! THATS WHY!... BECAUSE YOU TELL US WE CANT.. WE STRIVE TO MAKESURE WE DO SO! :garbage:

3. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    I didnt mean to be sexist I am just saying that we are always trying to make women compete with men but women cant compete with men in sports because women are athletically inferior to men overall so the wnba should stick to what women do best which is using skill and fundamentals when it comes to playing basketball and stop trying to focus on atheletism because it will never be their strong point

4. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47

Do you hear yourself? (not to sound abrasive) you dont mean to be sexist but you keep making youself sound more and more.. aid agree to your statement if you stated that there are certain things that men are able to do and woment dont.. women excell in all types of sports.. sure.. men may dominate football and basketball.. but far beyond that realm of macho sports lies scoccer.. tennis... ice scating.. curling... trak.. plent of olimpic games... its not that you all are better at the game.. its just that women dont really have that testestorone drive to make.... violent sports liek basketball and football.. not to mention hockey.. exciting to the world.. its our womanly ways that makes us not want to actually injure people in contact sports.. but out side of that... do you have a better example of how this theory of yours comes into play?

5. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    Women are not built for physical activities the way men are thats why men are better at sports this is a simple fact of biology .This is why you will never see women play in the NFL or NBA.

6. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    thats because the women want to stay women.. you see these guys that play football.. their builds? women are self concious... they dont have an inkling to do such. While.. it may be possible for us to do so... (example.. womens fitness championships.. on msn) it really once again does not appeal to us... or there would have been a woman to challenge the nfl. not because we cant, not because its impossible..but because we dont want to...

7. oceolo

Ratings:
    +15
    Despite what you may have been conditioned to think by our feminist pop culture their are numerous differences between men and women -the most obvious among them are the differences in our bodies.
    Woman can not add muscular bulk on their bodies through natural means like a man can because women dont have a high enough level of testosterone to add bulk to their bodies. Women have smaller and thinner bones so they break more easily than mens bones.Women become exhausted faster than men . Women are not equal to men in terms of physical strength but they are superior to men when it comes to speech and singing because women naturally have better verbal ability and have a greater octave range in their voices than men do, these are just a couple of examples of womens strong points.

8. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    The women's league isn't that exciting anyway and I love basketball so it has nothing to do with my passion of the game for why I say it. The WNBA will be lucky if they are around 10 years from now and thats the honest truth. The attendance for those games are way down and think I remember hearing about it being a major problem a couple of years ago. Those women be looking straight manly and I can't stand that,lol.

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    i agree deepvoice...da wnba just doesn't turn me on like i thought it would...
    the game pace is too slow...

one love
    khasm

10. PoeticManifesta

United States
    Local Insurance Agent
    Ratings:
    +47
    I would agree to that... totally.. but to what do you derive from the earlier statements made?