Black Entertainment : Lil Wayne disrespects Emmett Till

I think it sounds terrible. But for the diss I wouldn't listen.

And even then I only listened to point it out. I'm done with it.

So disrespectful. So untalented.

This is just unbelievable.

How low can you go to make money.

I am happy that you posted this youtube. I would have never believe that another African 'Black' man would do this to another for the sake of fame. Unbelievable.

I am happy that you posted this youtube. I would have never believe that another African 'Black' man would do this to another for the sake of fame. Unbelievable.

Chevron Dove, this shows how important it is for black folks particularly those who were born after 1960 to know black history. For someone to use this horrible episode in black history for personal gain is something my mind just cannot fathom.

Chevron Dove, this shows how important it is for black folks particularly those who were born after 1960 to know black history. For someone to use this horrible episode in black history for personal gain is something my mind just cannot fathom.

Me either! What kind of generation is this today, that we have allowed to think that this would have been okay!? You are so right, we do need to know black history. But I wonder what kind of parenting he has had in order to do something on this wise? I am just shocked. Thanks for posting sister.

Thank God for this:

http://destee.com/index.php?threads/lil-wayne-disrespects-emmett-till.74939/page-3#post-783321

Me either! What kind of generation is this today, that we have allowed to think that this would have been okay!? You are so right, we do need to know black history. But I wonder what kind of parenting he has had in order to do something on this wise? I am just shocked. Thanks for posting sister.

Lil Wayne’s Emmett Till lyric offends, gets pulled by Epic label

by Chris Talbott, Associated Press | February 14, 2013 at 8:50 AM

NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) — Epic Records says it is making “great efforts” to take down a new Future remix with a vulgar Lil Wayne lyric that has offended the family of a black U.S. teenager whose murder in the 1950s for whistling at a white woman helped to change the national conversation on race.
In a version of the song leaked over the weekend, the rapper makes a sexual reference to the beating death of Emmett Till, a 14-year-old Chicago boy tortured and shot in Mississippi in 1955. Till’s family objected, and the Rev. Jesse Jackson contacted Lil Wayne’s management, The Blueprint Group, on the family’s behalf.
The label issued a statement Wednesday night apologizing for the release of the song.
“We regret the unauthorized remix version of Future’s ‘Karate Chop,’ which was leaked online and contained hurtful lyrics,” the statement said. “Out of respect for the legacy of Emmett Till and his family and the support of the Reverend Jesse L. Jackson, Sr. … we are going through great efforts to take down the unauthorized version.”
Epic will release an official version of the song that “will not include such references.”
Neither Jackson nor members of Till’s family could be reached late Wednesday. A publicist said Lil Wayne had no comment.....

.... cont.... http://thegrio.com/2013/02/14/lil-waynes-emmett-till-lyric-offends-gets-pulled-by-epic-label/

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back