Black Muslims : Lights on the way

macoo

Mar 3, 2012
Christmas and 25th of December
Many Christians are unaware that the true spirit of reverence which Muslims display towards Jesus and his mother Mary spring from the fountainhead of their faith as prescribed in the Holy Quran. Most do not know that a Muslim does not take the name of Jesus , without saying Eesa alai-hiss-salaam i.e. (Jesus peace be upon him).

Jesus is commonly considered to have been born on the 25th of December. However, it is common knowledge among Christian scholars that he was not born on this day. It is well known that the first Christian churches held their festival in May, April, or January. Scholars of the first two centuries AD even differ in which year he was born. Some believing that he was born fully twenty years before the current accepted date. So how was the 25th of December selected as the birthday of Jesus ?

Grolier's encyclopedia says: "Christmas is the feast of the birth of Jesus Christ, celebrated on December 25 ... Despite the beliefs about Christ that the birth stories expressed, the church did not observe a festival for the celebration of the event until the 4th century.... since 274, under the emperor Aurelian, Rome had celebrated the feast of the "Invincible Sun" on December 25. In the Eastern Church, January 6, a day also associated with the winter solstice, was initially preferred. In course of time, however, the West added the Eastern date as the Feast of the Epiphany, and the East added the Western date of Christmas".

So who else celebrated the 25th of December as the birth day of their gods before it was agreed upon as the birth day of Jesus ? Well, there are the people of India who rejoice, decorate their houses with garlands, and give presents to their friends on this day. The people of China also celebrate this day and close their shops. Buddha is believed to have been born on this day. The great savior and god of the Persians, Mithras, is also believed to have been born on the 25th of December long before the coming of Jesus .

The Egyptians celebrated this day as the birth day of their great savior Horus, the Egyptian god of light and the son of the "virgin mother" and "queen of the heavens" Isis. Osiris, god of the dead and the underworld in Egypt, the son of "the holy virgin", again was believed to have been born on the 25th of December.

The Greeks celebrated the 25th of December as the birthday of Hercules, the son of the supreme god of the Greeks, Zeus, through the mortal woman Alcmene Bacchus, the god of wine and revelry among the Romans (known among the Greeks as Dionysus) was also born on this day.

Adonis, revered as a "dying-and-rising god" among the Greeks, miraculously was also born on the 25th of December. His worshipers held him a yearly festival representing his death and resurrection, in midsummer. The ceremonies of his birthday are recorded to have taken place in the same cave in Bethlehem which is claimed to have been the birth place of Jesus .

The Scandinavians celebrated the 25th of December as the birthday of their god Freyr, the son of their supreme god of the heavens, Odin.

The Romans observed this day as the birthday of the god of the sun, Natalis Solis Invicti ("Birthday of Sol the invincible"). There was great rejoicing and all shops were closed. There was illumination and public games. Presents were exchanged, and the slaves were indulged in great liberties. These are the same Romans who would later preside over the council of Nicea (325 CE) which lead to the official Christian recognition of the "Trinity" as the "true" nature of God, and the "fact" that Jesus was born on the 25th of December too.

In Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, Gibbon says: "The Roman Christians, ignorant of his (Christ's) birth, fixed the solemn festival to the 25th of December, the Brumalia, or Winter Solstice, when the Pagans annually celebrated the birth of Sol " vol. ii, p. 383.

Christians opposed to Christmas

There are several Christian groups who are opposed to Christmas. For example, they take the verse from the Bible in Jeremiah 10:2-4 as an admonition against decorating Christmas trees.

The King James Version reads: "Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen.... For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

In order to understand this subject, it is helpful to trace some of the history of Christmas avoidance, particularly its roots in Puritanism.

The Puritans believed that the first-century church modeled a Christianity that modern Christians should copy. They attempted to base their faith and practice solely on the New Testament, and their position on Christmas reflected their commitment to practice a pure, scriptural form of Christianity. Puritans argued that God reserved to himself the determination of all proper forms of worship, and that he disapproved of any human innovations - even innovations that celebrated the great events of salvation. The name Christmas also alienated many Puritans.

Christmas, after all, meant "the mass of Christ." The mass was despised as a Roman Catholic institution that undermined the Protestant concept of Christ, who offered himself once for all. The Puritans' passionate avoidance of any practice that was associated with papal Rome caused them to overlook the fact that in many countries the name for the day had nothing to do with the Catholic mass, but focused instead on Jesus' birth. The mass did not evolve into the form abhorred by Protestants until long after Christmas was widely observed. The two customs had separate, though interconnected, histories.

As ardent Protestants, Puritans identified the embracing of Christianity by the Roman Emperor Constantine in the early 300s CE as the starting point of the degeneration and corruption of the church. They believed the corruption of the church was brought on by the interweaving of the church with the pagan Roman state. To Puritans, Christmas was impure because it entered the Roman Church sometime in this period. No one knows the exact year or under what circumstances Roman Christians began to celebrate the birth of their Lord, but by the mid-300s CE, the practice was well established.

when Christ was born Ahmed Deedat a lecture debates youtube

حكم التهنئة بالكريسماس - ذاكر نايك Zakir Naik

أحمد ديدات - من هو أبو المسيح عليه السلام - YouTube

macoo

Mar 3, 2012
The prophet peace be upon him says: (day of resurrection will not come till money increases between you ...

1 - Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him told us about many signs for the imminence of day of resurrection as he said: (one of these signs is that money will increase and trade will increase) [Narrated by Al-Nasaei] today, trade became the backbone of the world economy. That wasn't known at the time of the prophet when trade was known but agriculture was the most famous activity. Who told our prophet about that?

2 - The prophet said that day of resurrection will not come till: (husband obeys his wife and to be impious to his mother and turns away from his father) {Narrated by Al-Termizi}, today courts are full of cases between parents and sons and daughters because of the impiety of those sons and daughters ....... that wasn't known at the time of the prophet. Researchers confirm that the phenomenon of impiety is increasing which is a clear evidence that day of resurrection is near. The question is, who told our prophet about that?

3 - The prophet peace be upon him says: (day of resurrection will not come till money increases between you) {narrated by Al-Bukari}, today we can see there are a lot of money between people so that we can find some people who possess billions, this phenomenon wasn't known at the time of the prophet, don't we be ready for day of resurrection?

4 - Today, women are playing a vital role in economic and politics and also they have a basic role in factories, information and many trading positions and there are separate associations for business women. All of these weren't known at the time of the prophet and no on even thought that it may happen. The prophet peace be upon him said: (day of resurrection will not come till women participates withtheir husbands in trade) {narrated by Ahmed}, Glory to Allah Almighty.

5 - The prophet says: (day of resurrection will not come till man do adultery with woman in the street), look at some western countries where people are used to do such action in the streets and on beaches. Unfortunately some Muslim countries are used to imitate these western countries. Who told prophet Mohamed peace be upon him about that?.
رسول الله ليس هو آخر نبي؟! أحمدى قاديانى في حوار مع محمد حجاب

مناظرة جميلة* هل تتبعون يسوع (عيسى)؟ عدنان رشيد وهاشم في حوار مع امرأة مسيحية*

macoo

Mar 3, 2012
The prophet peace be upon him mentioned many Hadiths about the importance of cooperation and helping others as he says: (you don’t believe till you love to yourself what you love to others) {the right series}. Here we see how the prophet encourage us to help others and to offer all good things to them, but all psychologists confirm that helping others reduces the Nervousness because helping others stimulates secreting a hormone called “endorphin” and that hormone helps us to feel happy, the question is, the prophet seeks happiness for us in this life and in the hereafter, isn’t he?

Prophet Mohamed peace be upon him was kind with all people especially with his wives as he used to say (take care of your wives) {narrated by Al-Bukhari} and if we carefully study his biography we must find that he is on an exalted standard of character in all humanity. Today, recent studies confirm that the Family quarrels lead to weaken the immune system of our body and may cause heart attacks for those who suffer heart problems! Now, we can understand benefits of kindness between wives and husbands, isn’t a miracle testifies that the prophet is sincere and he is a prophet from Allah Almighty?

لماذا تتحجب النساء المسلمات؟! هاشم في حوار مع رجل أمريكي محترم الجزء الأول1/2

لماذا تتحجب النساء المسلمات؟! هاشم في حوار مع رجل أمريكي محترم الجزء الثانى2/2

macoo

Mar 3, 2012
القرآن يذهل العالم ويكشف 10 أسرار تاريخية عن الفراعنة ومصر القديمة لم تُكتشف إلا حديثاً

أحمد ديدات -- عتاد الجهاد -- كينيا -- مترجم

macoo

Mar 3, 2012
Monks With Guns: Discovering Buddhist Violence
he publication of Buddhist Warfare, a book I co-edited with Mark Juergensmeyer, is a bittersweet experience as it marks the culmination of a journey that began with an exploration of the peaceful aspects of Buddhism only to end up chronicling portions of its dark side. This journey, which consumed much of the last six years of my life, began in 2003 when my wife and I spent a little over a year in Thailand. It was then that I began to research Buddhist social activism which was going to be the topic of my dissertation.

Buddhists do not fight without belief, and the hideous massacres that they are carrying out against defenseless Muslims in East Asia stem from their belief that no one else who has attained the degree of enlightenment and is less than an ant, and the killer does not form a mental image of the murdered (as Their students teach us who promote the Law of Attraction and the Power of Being), because it does not even exist, so there is nothing wrong with killing it to preserve the balance of the universe.

Consider the principle of Buddhist clerics in killing opponents! They claim that killing those who do not believe their beliefs is a kind of mercy killing in order to purify themselves in Hell and transfer their souls to the realm of truth, for it is in fact not considered murder. It is no different from wiping out a terminally ill beast. This is a dangerous excuse that they hide behind in order to harvest human lives, especially Muslims, as they did and do in Thailand and Burma.

There is another principle by which Buddhist monks justify killing their opponents, which is the belief of Buddhism that existence is just an illusion, and that truth is only perceived by attaining nirvana (i.e., annihilation in God). Accordingly; For everyone who does not believe in Buddhism and is not enlightened by its light, then killing him in this life is not a real killing. Because it is an accident in the realm of illusion. These victims, who were slaughtered by monks, are referred to in Buddhist theology as “icchantika”, meaning: veiled from the light
In the book "Sostitamati Baribricha" - which is described as the guide to "how to kill with the sword of wisdom" - the enlightened "Manjushri" of the Buddha shows that the slain is only a name and an idea, and if the killer is able to clear his mind of these thoughts and names during the killing, then this is not considered murder Rather, there is no killing, nor a murderer on the face of the truth, because “there is no sword, karma, or punishment,” but rather it is a matter of imagination .

Since my initial realization in 2004, I began to look critically at my earlier perspective on Buddhism—one that shielded an extensive and historical dimension to Buddhist traditions: violence. Armed Buddhist monks in Thailand are not an exception to the rule; they are contemporary examples of a long historical precedence. For centuries monks have been at the helm, or armed in the ranks, of wars. How could this be the case? But more importantly, why did I (and many others) hold the belief that Buddhism=Peace)?

Buddhist Propaganda

It was then that I realized that I was a consumer of a very successful form of propaganda. Since the early 1900s, Buddhist monastic intellectuals such as Walpola Rahula, D. T. Suzuki, and Tenzin Gyatso, the Fourteenth Dalai Lama, have labored to raise Western awareness of their cultures and traditions. In doing so, they presented specific aspects of their Buddhist traditions while leaving out others. These Buddhist monks were not alone in this portrayal of Buddhism. As Donald S. Lopez Jr. and others have poignantly shown, academics quickly followed suit, so that by the 1960s U.S popular culture no longer depicted Buddhist traditions as primitive, but as mystical.

Yet these mystical depictions did not remove the two-dimensional nature of Western understanding. And while it contributed to the history of Buddhism, this presentation of an otherworldly Buddhism ultimately robbed Buddhists of their humanity.

Thupten Tsering, the co-director of “Windhorse,” encapsulates the effects of two-dimensional portrayal in a 1999 interview with the New York Times. “They see Tibetans as cute, sweet, warmhearted. I tell people, when you cut me, I bleed just like you.”

In an effort to combat this view and to humanize Buddhists, then, Mark Juergensmeyer and I put together a collection of critical essays that illustrate the violent history of Buddhism across Mongolia, Tibet, Japan, China, Korea, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and India.

Our intention is not to argue that Buddhists are angry, violent people—but rather that Buddhists are people, and thus share the same human spectrum of emotions, which includes the penchant for violence.

Why a Former Buddhist then Christian accepted Islam? TheDeen

الجزء 1 سيدة الكنيسة مندهشة للتعلم عن المرأة في الإسلام

الجزء 2 سيدة الكنيسة مندهشة للتعلم عن المرأة في الإسلام

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Omoifa007 Black Spirituality Religion : Earthquake lights, Geological Faultlines, Consciousness, Igbodu and Obatala Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
Omoifa007 African Traditional Religion : Earthquake lights, Geological Faultlines, Consciousness, Igbodu and Obatala African Traditional Religion Study Group 0
R Black Poetry : Like a forest set ablaze I get to amaze cats with bright lights and exact write while the whack igni Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
OldSoul OldSoul : Friday Night Blue Lights In The Basement Quarter Party OldSoul 1
A Black Sports : Do over head stadium lights contribute to athletes knee injuries? Black Sports 15
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Entertainment : Bravo Green-Lights 17 New Series, Renews 18 Shows and Announces Spin-Off Project for Phaedra Parks Black Entertainment 0
info-moetry Audio Video Web Conferencing : Chante Moore Feat. Keith Washington - Candle lights and You Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
Metaverse Black Spirituality Religion : LIGHTS. KARMA. ACTION. Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 26
queentswana Sister's Only Chat : Shine Bright "Spicy Brown" the lights on you! Black Women 10
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : DON'T TURN OFF DA LIGHTS Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
AACOOLDRE Brother AACOOLDRE : Turn on the Lights... AACOOLDRE 5
AACOOLDRE Black People : Turn on the Lights... Black People Open Forum 0
$$RICH$$ Black Sports : B.BONDS in the lime lights Black Sports 8
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : TURN OFF DA LIGHTS (Munchies II) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
F Black Poetry : Night Lights Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : Red carpet luv lights Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 14
Nita Black Poetry : The Day the Lights Went Out Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 13
M Black Poetry : turn out yo lights Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
B Black Poetry : lights out Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 8
Heartbeat Black Poetry : Bright Lights - Dim Lights Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
$$RICH$$ Black People : turn the lights on please! Black People Open Forum 1
J Black Poetry : my video girl (lights camera action) Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 12
Heartbeat Quiet Poetry Lounge : Bright Lights - Dim Lights Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 5
alyce Quiet Poetry Lounge : love lights Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4