Black People : Light Skinned vs. Dark Skinned...

I don't have a preference between light skinned or dark skinned when comes to dating I find all shades of brown to be attractive. I hear both us saying light skinned and dark skinned jokes from mellow yellow to blackie. it always easier to put someone else down when you can't deal with your own imperfections. this is just a subject that will never go away.

Light skinned vs Dark skin

Peace and love. When I wrote the poem "Trying to Forget", I was writing not against light or adark skinned people all over the world. That poem was about the Ohio congressmen Louis Stokes And Ted Kennedy. I attended a hearing on Capital hill. The hearing was on the pardon of macus Garvey. Congress man Rangel was also there. Both being Congressman and not having the same clout as Kennedy, and knowing where Congeressman Stokes was born and raised I wondered if they ever forget where they came. that poem came to mind.and other Afrikan Americans who ran our funeral homes and who were doctors and Lawyers. There were all colors of the Afrikan race as a result of Slavery and Rape.
A lot of our people have had soritires and Schools for the very light skinned almost white skinned mixed Afrikans. The woman was Rape by the slave master while the husband was made to wait outside, A baby was born of that union. The half breed baby was forced upon the slave woman and her husband.Can you imigine Your boss raping your wife , inpregnating her and you taking it home. I feel the Brother had to go into a deep sleep, To prevent being killed or killing the master. I fel he had to go into a deep sleep.To become mentally sick (Docile) to deal with it. It didn't happen one time it happened many a nights. I feel that was a demaning state of mind to place the Afrikan man in. I feel no way as a result of hurt feeling in the light skinned race.

They have always ways had it much better than the dark skinned. They didn't complain then. In 1823 they had schools for colored and whites. The Afrikan was in slavery. Until the civil rights movement, the Mulatto's live off the fruit of the land. Back then, the slave master took care of his children. He didn't claim them pubicily , then he owned them and everyone knew. His wife and all the other People in the area in which he lived.The recent deceased Supreme Cout judge took care of his. Just think this man had an afrikan child but alleged to be against blacks, He was against blacks, but not againt the light skinned ones ( their offsprings).
This is not hate! This is History! A people still being victimized to this day. They still use the light skin against the black skinned. Willie Lynch explained how it works. To this day it is still ingrained in our meemory cell. I call our docile cell from the white jesus to a white God. If your skin was the same color as God, You would be accepted. Even the so called Paper Sack Tan had an organzation.
I don't judge a book by the cover.
Peace and love.
Question? What color was Adam clayton, Malcolm X, Muhammand Ali, Colon Powell and many others.

Historically speaking:

If the European slave traders had been successful in their attempts to enslave the Indian, there would have been no need for them to go to Africa for slaves. The Indian chose death rather than slavery, forcing the European to go to Africa for slaves. This resulted in the creation of a new race: the light-skinned African-American man and the light-skinned African-American woman... (All things work for the good in God's kingdom...)

There are three beautiful shades of Blackness: (1) the light-skinned brothers and sisters, (2) the brown-skinned brothers and sisters, and (3) the dark-skinned brothers and sisters. Here is an interesting analogy:

The three shades of Blackness relate to the water in a well. For example, the light-skinned brothers and sisters represent the water at the top of the well; the brown-skinned brothers and sisters represent the water in the middle; and the dark-skinned brothers and sisters represent the water at the bottom of the well. It's all water, which means we're all the same...

The water at the bottom - represented by the dark-skinned brothers and sisters - is the water that went in first! The light-skinned brothers and sisters are the surface of a dark, deep well...as the late, great Curtis Mayfield so eloquently put it...

Royal_T said:
I don't feel that the color issue has faded. I was in New York a couple years back...this guy named "Billy D. Williams New York"in the middle of Manhattan said to me, "You're cute to be dark skindidid." And he continued to tell me that he doesn't usually fu** with dark skin women, but next time I was in New York, we could hot tub together. Actually I've heard it dozens and dozens of times. "CUTE TO BE DARK SKIN?" what's that all about?

omg, i thought it was just me!!!! that is the most insane thing i have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!! i have gotten into a many debate about that. i don't argue anymore, i just shake my head and walk away.

Well

Im dating a girl that has darker skin then I do, Im brown skinned. And sometimes I feel like my dad doesnt like it. My mom says he is just joking but he said that I am am messing up his image. I think he is joking also but sometimes I worry about presenting her to my family. I like her alote and I dont want anyone In my family to say I could have done better etc. She is very pretty to me. And she is not dark jet black, she is just darker than me. So yes this is a problem with our culture. Look in the movies and music video's and talk shows. There all light skinned people. Think about it....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back