Black People : Light Skinned vs. Dark Skinned...

Mike Ramey

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 26, 2002
Here's one we don't talk about very much...but I am interested in some comment.

We Black folk, in the words of Tony Brown a few years back, range from the highest 'yellows' to the darkest black. YET, as time has gone on, we STILL continue--amongst ourselves--to treat ourselves not only 'differently' but 'shamefully' because of OUR skin color.

Why IS that?

Any takers, or Incidents to share amongst the wise ones of the Boards? This is one Demon that we are going to have to drive a stake through, IF we are going to learn how to love ourselves.

Mike Ramey:love:

Maybe it will; Maybe it won't....

Redlady...it's not about slavery, and--based on some of the OTHER great topics I've noted on some of the other sections of the Forum Boards--this one seems right on time.

Men and Women of color are the most diverse group of people on the planet. YET we can't get beyond this mistreatment of one another to PROGRESS.

Maybe it will fizzle out, or maybe it will live and grow.

But I've NEVER noticed other people of color running FROM who they are. Only African Americans have failed to embrace who we are...and who we WILL be.

Mike Ramey

:toast:

Mike, it IS about slave issues...light skinned and dark skinned, house *****, field *****...you do the math. I truly believe that NOT discussing that issue, getting past it, loving ONESELF and of course loving God is the best way to handle something you have no control over, and that is what color you were born with...whether it be darkest dark, or lightest light...LOVE IT! LOVE ALL OTHERS AS WELL and keep it moving.

i am a light skin sistah and i see sometimes how dark skin sistah treat me alittle different and i go back to when the spike lee movie ''SCHOOL DAZE'' came out and that movie did focus on this issue and i think that it is a big issue between balck folks no and days because alot of dark skin women think that light skin woemn are better then them and that is not all true and then sometimes the light skin thinks that the dark skin think that they are better women then the light skins so it is a big issus and we need to stop this between are skin colors.
holla at me
soulsistah16

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back