Black People : Light skin and good hair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiah said:
Sister Riada, who is it that the sister is taking hits from, and why???

Peace!
Isaiah

The hits I'm talking about are coming from other Black children in the typical elementary school situation. The white kids are too scared of Black kids to ever say anything racially negative about any Black kid.

It's Black males/men who select out lighter women. I'm not saying that the men on here do that, or that every single Black males does it, but I've seen this all of my life. This is so typical to me. Some men will admit it, but then say it's their preference or they'll say they don't see what the problem is because a light-skinned Black woman is still a Black woman.

Bro, Isaiah, sometimes, I wonder on here whether we all live in the same world. LOL!! I'm serious about that because it seems that hardly anyone on here knows or has ever seen, heard, or experienced most of what I'm talking about.

I know this stuff because I have personally seen darker women get rejected by males who preferred (brown-skinned) me. I know dark-skinned and other women who agonize over their looks (skin, hair, nose, lips) because it has been drummed into them that they are less attractive than a lighter woman with keener features and longer hair. This drumming starts when they are little girls.

I have a very dark-skinned cousin who is so beautiful. I'm a woman and even I can see how beautiful she is: velvety skin, beautiful oval-shaped face, sparkling eyes, white teeth, hourglass figure, but she thinks she unattractive and because of this she has low self-esteem. She dropped out of college in the first year and started having babies. I wish I could get her permission to post her picture here!! I have never in all of my life seen a more beautiful woman.

jamesfrmphilly said:
i have a son.
he has nappy hair.
he went to a school where his nappy hair was not a problem.
he had friends where his nappy hair was not a problem.
his mother and his father loved him and his nappy hair and NEVER cut it one time.
now he is a man and still has nappy hair.

Comparing a boy's experience with 'nappy' hair is not a fair one. Girls get teased more about that because long, curly/straight hair is considered a more attractive and feminine trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back