Black People : Light skin and good hair

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
Riada said:
You been picking at me for days now, Samurai. You don't seem to be satisfied unless you're talking to me or at me. Or fighting!

As usual, you're incorrect, at least partially. I'll explain why as this post progresses.

I was waiting on moderators to "handle" you, get you under control so that the threads wouldn't be closed like the last one you got closed. That's why I was ignoring you. We should be mature enough to talk on here without getting the thread closed!!
I agree, we all should be able to do this.

Regarding the mod's, in case you haven't noticed, at least 2 of them feel/think the same way about you that I do. The difference being, that I choose to handle you in a less politically correct fashion, because that's all that you seem to understand--that's all that seems to get your attention.

Not to mention, I'm the only one of us Brothers who has the inexhaustive patience to continue to deal with you.

At your request remember, I agreed to start talking to you again, but you gave me your word you were going to control yourself. I think you used the expression: "be civilized" but you're not controlling yourself! You just seem to want to fight somebody.
Please my Sister.

For all your calls for the "INFIGHTING" to desist, you yourself persist in it. This says to me (and to others) that you enjoy it in some fashion, at least to some degree, as much you think I do.

I'll admit though, that I do enjoy our intercourse (By God, please don't take that the wrong way :nono: ). In fact, I've told you before (perhaps you weren't listening), that I see a great, yet unrefined and untapped potential within you.

You and Sisters like you could by all rights, be running this world, irregardless of what Black males are or aren't doing. You are one potent creature, Sister Riada, but you're wasting it.

Lest you forgot that you said that you often hide your own skills?

Regardless of what you "think", I pay keen attention.....To you, and a host of other stuff.

I'm not going to just let you keep picking at me, but you call that: NOT LISTENING TO YOU. LOL!! I don't know why you think I should listen to you.
Yes you do. Otherwise, you and I wouldn't be here, dancing this Endless Waltz.

It's the same reason I listen to you.

Honestly, from my standpoint, you're not doing that well, Brotha. I can match you degree for degree, dollar for dollar, property for property, job for job, etc. and based on things you've said here, I know I'd be the winner.
Really? I'd like to put that to the test one day. But in the meantime: WHO THE HELL CARES?

You're doing well, and I'm doing pretty well. For all your talk of the "REAL enemy", why are you, as a Black woman, trying to compete agains me, as a Black man? And yet, you speak to me about "INFIGHTING"? C'mon.

I'm happy that you got it going on, especially without the assistance of a man. We need more Sisters like you, in that respect.

Are you listening to me? Or are you still dreaming up all the wrong reasons for why you shouldn't?

Another thing is that you don't know how to talk to people. You don't know how to present yourself in the right way.
Says who? YOU? My supervisor seems to think that I know how to talk to people. The teachers at the school seem to think I know how to talk to people (the students). The local Shiekh seems to think I know how to talk to people (the congregation). The people whose dozens of e-mails that are in my In-box right now (with the inclusion of YOURS) seem to think that I know how to talk to people.

I think the issue is you don't like how I talk to YOU. And honestly, I can understand why.

How I interact with you, ebbs and flows, dependent upon my perception of you.

Still not listening, are you?

I hope you're not trying to talk to women you like the way you talk to people on here.
You mean the way I talk to YOU on here, and no, I don't. Please trust me on that.

If so, no wonder they take advantage of you and brush you off. See, I felt compassion for you. I was going to try to help you, but then you started insulting me and getting out of control.
You're going to really hae to define what you mean by "getting out of control". Please forgive my ignorance, for not gleaning its implicity.

By the way, not once have I insulted YOU. I've told you before, that an affront upon a person's perspectives, is not the same as an affront upon that person.

Please learn to understand this.

You said to me I don't know who I'm dealing with? See, that sounds like a threat to me. What you gon do to me? So I feel like saying to you: It ain't all about muscles and swords these days--SAMURAI. LOL!!
LOL, you would take that as a threat, wouldn't you? And you say that I'm the one who likes to fight *shakes head*

And still, you continue to underestimate me (hint: that's all that statement meant, and nothing more). My most successful fights, were ones were I never had to lift my blade, or use my muscles. Surely you should know that about me, by now. But you would only know this, if you would actually listen. I mean, truly listen.

Is this really that hard for you to do?

I don't care what any of the men say on here about me. They're just making ASSUMPTIONS because they don't know me. I have a good life. I live well. I get along well with everybody. I'm healthy. I have endless possibilities. I have good relationships of all types, so I have enough people in my personal life who love me and approve of me. That's what matters to me.
I'm glad to know this. Please know that all of this applies to me as well.

However, I'm a bit confused: you've sought more than once in this thread alone, to "tell me about myself".........."You think you're so smart, you'd lose against me, you don't know how to talk to people", and the likes thereof.

If you shouldn't care what others think of you, why then should I care what you think of me? Could I not just as easily say that you are making "ASSUMPTIONS" about me?

Why do all these principles seem to work well for you, yet no one else?

This is why I continue to "pick at you" (as you like to call it), because I know you are smarter than the little girl throwing the *ahem* TANTRUM that you pretend to be.

You're smarter and better than that.

You know, you remind me of the Governor's Daughter from CROUCHING TIGER HIDDEN DRAGON (great movie, if you haven't seen it). You have the chance to learn to refine your skills from Li Mu Bai, the Master Swordsman, yet you reject it at every turn.

I don't need the approval of men on this message board. Besides, I've seen the pattern here. Men here only approve of the women if the women are saying what they want them to say. That's way too high a price for me!! Y'all too expensive. LOL!! So, I'll just be myself and if the men disapprove of me, I'll just have to handle it.
You continuously prove that you really don't know the first thing about men, and Black men in particular.

Yet, you spoke of how things I say about Black women hurt them. You don't see how what you're saying is a slap in the face to your own Sisters? And none of this is a problem to/for you?

Many of the sisters here, have mastered a fine art, that for some reason continues to elude you......The art of listening.

Thus, it's not that they say what we want them to say; they just realize, just as we Brothers do, that we are essentially saying the same thing.

Can you honestly not see this?

Besides, if you really felt this way, you would have left a long time ago, and it's not the few people who urged you to stay that keeps you here.

Now, since you're here, get off your high horse, put up your Green Destiny, enter your stance, and let the training continue.

En garde.

:)

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
NNQueen said:
Brother Samurai.......Sister Riada......here WE are AGAIN! It's gotten PERSONAL between the two of you in yet, another thread.

When is this constant confrontational behavior going to end between you two?

This has been a LOOOOONNNG day and a very looooonnng thread discussion....emotions are running HIGH. Someone must be able to take the "high" ground and stop the madness.

I beseech you, please do not continue in the direction of the way this thread started off today.

Please and thank you!
Queenie :spinstar:
Hopefully my preceding response will be to your taste, Sister Queen, as well as to hers.

Pray-tell she listens.

PEACE

triniti424

May 13, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Occupation
Servant of the People
SAMURAI36 said:
Hopefully my preceding response will be to your taste, Sister Queen, as well as to hers.

Pray-tell she listens.

PEACE
*sigh* Brotha Samurai...even if she does NOT choose to listen... lets move forward shall we? Your wisdom is wasted where it is not wanted King. Leave well enough alone...please :heart:

Riada

May 14, 2005
Sis. Queen, could you please ask Samurai to just leave me alone. He's fixated on me for some reason--I don't care why. I just want him to leave me alone.

I've been ignoring him, but he keeps picking at me, either directly or indirectly.

SAMURAI36

Banned
Mar 3, 2005
Bay Area
triniti424 said:
*sigh* Brotha Samurai...even if she does NOT choose to listen... lets move forward shall we? Your wisdom is wasted where it is not wanted King. Leave well enough alone...please :heart:
Perhaps you're right, Sister.

And quite honestly, that saddens me. Ah well, never let it be said that the attempt wasn't made.

PEACE

jamesfrmphilly

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Jun 18, 2004
north philly ghetto
Occupation
retired computer geek
Riada said:
Sis. Queen, could you please ask Samurai to just leave me alone. He's fixated on me for some reason--I don't care why. I just want him to leave me alone. I've been ignoring him, but he keeps picking at me, either directly or indirectly.
:ref: time out. go to your corner and leave her alone.

jgyknowledge

Sep 10, 2004
I might be out of line and I'm not trying to re-start the fire........

I think Samurai likes the intellectual sparring with Riada. It stimulates him. Riada doesn't quite know how to handle the sparring, yet I think she wants to engage in it somewhat. They don't see it, but its like two adolescents continuing to harass each other.

I think its a beautiful dance......and quite entertaining. Soo just smile and move on!

cursed heart

Jan 12, 2006
jgyknowledge said:
I might be out of line and I'm not trying to re-start the fire........

I think Samurai likes the intellectual sparring with Riada. It stimulates him. Riada doesn't quite know how to handle the sparring, yet I think she wants to engage in it somewhat. They don't see it, but its like two adolescents continuing to harass each other.

I think its a beautiful dance......and quite entertaining. Soo just smile and

move on!
I thought this as well!:rolling:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countdown to our 22nd Year ...

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Destee wrote on One-Hundredd's profile.
Hi Beloved! I've added Twitter and Facebook to destee.com - hoping it helps me pay closer attention to them both ... *sigh* ... we shall see ... :D ... :love:
Destee wrote on $$RICH$$'s profile.
MY $$RICH$$NESSSSSS!!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay:
butterfly#1 wrote on Angela22's profile.
Absolutely!
Destee wrote on butterfly#1's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :love: :yaay: :kiss: :yaay: :love: