Black People : Light Or Dark Meat?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by UPTOWNE, Jan 31, 2002.

1. UPTOWNE

UPTOWNE Well-Known Member MEMBER

Electric Powerlineman
    Ratings:
    +11
    A question of COLOR!

I was taking to a friend at a bar one night and I noticed he was strung out on light skined females ("Red Bones" why is it, that they call them that?) he has always had a light bright and dam near white girl friend,. it didn't dawn on me till then, I guess cause I have never had a preference a SISTAH is a SISTAH! so I am wondering how many sisters and brothers have a preference or a predjudice with in our own race?
    Light skined Dark skined Brown skined?

What I like about a woman has nothing to do with her complextion I stopped Discriminating against people who chose to date outside our race for this very reason, (I still hate with a passion, to see white men with sistahs! I feel they have had enough of them during slavery)

Let me make my point. If you can LOVE a body part (what ever makes your boat float) I love a woman with a shelf bootay (I mean I just lose it) some men like big breast, some long hair, some eyes, some are into hips, others thighs, feet and so on (feel me?) I can't speak for you sistahs, since I don't know what it is you find atractive about a mans body. but you get my point (And you can also define what it is you like so the brotha's can get IT in shape!)

Can you love a complexion? (one step further) a race? When you break it all down "If that's what you like, its what you like!" Me I like SISTAH'S with SHELF BOOTAYS! (OK I have noticed a nice BOOTY here and there on a CORKY CHIC or two but I just admired the similarity and keep it moving! ha ha ha) That's just my dollar fitty but you can add your loose change I wanna see how much SENSE this MAKES!

this is UPTOWNE baby!

2. UbZoRbShUn

UbZoRbShUn Well-Known Member MEMBER

-----------
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmmm

being that i fall somewhere between the hated "RED BONE" and "Puerto Rican" color.... Men have always assumed that I prefer to date men of my complexion. I've dated a white guy in high school, had a crush on a Hawaiian guy, and dated several men the shade of midnight. I married my husband who is dark skinned. His coloring had nothing to do with him. I mean like you said Up he had what I was looking for. He has beautiful lips..... lips on a man that are soft and very kissable are a very attractive feature. I love lips and the rest of the package was all of that too. oh yeah and brotha's keep that stomach toned as well as clean hands and nails. i mean if you are a mechanic and work on cars all day then of course you gone have the dirt and grime because that takes time to get out, but if you are a programmer or something you shouldn't be walking around with hang nails, ashy hands and dirt under your finger nails....

I do have male and female friends who prefer one color or another, but let me ask you this say you always prefered a dark complexioned woman right. one day you go blind and you meet someone, yall hit it off and start dating and what have you. months go by and then a year or so you get your sight back and all along this woman is with you. you get your sight back and you see for yourself that she is light skinned. Do you throw away all that you two have come to know and love for a color??? I think not.

all in high school when i was dating the white guy we got the typical looks, then i dated one guy who was light skinned and i got the i thought light skinned people didn't date each other because they couldn't get along kinda crap (WTF) you like who you like.

my lil bit o change

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    hummmmmm! well now Rich like

a woman of beauty inside her heart
    i see no color i see no booty i see no hips
    nor and body parts coz love comes from within da heart
    i am who i am and what i am to be to da point
    i love me a woman of heart and warm caring wit
    many other things not her looks ..... I read my books
    every page not judge by da cover i look inside ****
    da outside......well that's just me but i agree wit
    what ya saying ...........hummmm! :D

4. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    me...I fall on the "Red bone" or whateva the hell you wanna call it, I'm just VERY fair and I'm black...and I could care less...black is black, I do know brothas and sistas dark as night and act whiter than beverly hills soaked in the hillbilly's dipped in vanilla... but as far as i myself am concerned, let me love my brothas and oh...my brotha, stir my soul...then I'll call you :) mystify my mind...I just might fall in love :)

5. LostInThought

LostInThought Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    No rock solid preferences!

Beggars can't be choosers!!

I take 'em 18 - 80 silly, crippled, or crazy!

(I HAD to replace dumb with silly - A brother must have some standards!)

I understand your having a physical preference, but I'm not comfortable with that. Too many women out here without any SHELF to speak of - including many sisters!

As the founding member of B.B.L.A. (Big Butt Lovers Anonymous) I can now appreciate a women with a flat butt. Unfortunately yesterday was Unity Day in Philly, and I'm now back in rehab.

Pray for me :-(

(Clarification - Unity Day is a summer festival celebrating the Black community. It is put together each year by local Philly radio station WDAS. Yesterday was the 25th Unity Day. Several thousand people show up - including many lovely sisters)

6. triniti424

triniti424 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Singapore
    Servant of the People
    Ratings:
    +131
    lol @ LostInThought LOL :) too funny lol

7. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    I love sistas of all complexion. Other than that, I prefer a sista with a nice bootay and some thick thighs. :grin:

8. Hesaid

Hesaid Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2
    Gimme everything a man dont have.
    As*,Thighs,Brea*t,punan*,bottle shape,dainty
    hands,soft high voice,smoothe a** skin and a
    quick sharp mind.
    Color......Dont matter so long as theres some
    melanin to hold back the ageing.
    You know how these melanin challenged women
    be like shrivelling up real quick.
    Dont front brothers who mix an match!
    You know she look 10 years older than a sister 10 years older.

Package that an
    Im straight.

9. SwtT

SwtT Well-Known Member MEMBER

Educational/Human Resources field
    Ratings:
    +28
    lol@ hesaid you are silly.....

Ilove black men in all colors...Im' light skinned a lil bit....but I prefer my dark brothers with kissable lips....

10. cypher

cypher Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    well i don't have any preferences and i have found that i have benefited from this, i love women inside out and the Soul of a Woman is what i desire...i am high yella and have no quabbles bout it, this is how God made me and i shall not complain, i am happy with the skin i'm in...my wife is the same complexion as me and other than people thinking we are brother and sister we have not had any major hangups about skin color....i love all people but i do have a true weakness for sistahs because i know how important they are to life and i will always let them know....aside from that i don't have any physical preferences either, i have found that what catches my eye doesn't necessarily catch my heart, it';s only when i get to know a woman that i truly have a preference for that woman...and i have been fortunate enough to have found her....i need to add though that i need to know more about the BBLA cause i love to see a nice bootay, but it really doesn't matter about the size, i love all bootay(except man booty), yes even flat booty has a place in my heart...to the sistahs who like that toned stomach and what not, how about a brother that's big and huggable like a teddy bear with big powerful arms that can hold and protect you at all times...but hey whateva u like is cool wit me....luvinursoul:wave: :wave: :peace: :grouphug: