Black People : Life on Earth

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by soomaal, Aug 22, 2008.

1. soomaal

soomaal New Member MEMBER

observer.
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have dropped out of my African/Anthropology masters and don't know what to do with my life. I live in the UK and don't feel any sense of belonging anywhere. I want to do something with my life but am getting depressed of this world/my environment. I don't mean to say it, but I dislike the white and ignorant immigrants, the products of these society. I hate money, traffic lights, skinny jeans, walls, just everything. I know if you are happy, you will be happy but I am so sick of this system.

Don't mean to share my despair but I just can't be bothered with anything. If anyone can give me advice what to do with my life and for Blackness..something.

me

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

soomaal,

Review or click your profile and take lilpea's advice, quickly!

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Welcome soomaal!:wave:

I feel and understand your frustrations. You have every right to be angry about the injustices of the world and skinny jeans.<-----(a little dry humor) But there is no one answer for the question you pose.

You can power that anger towards liberation. You can gather like minds and teach those comfortable with todays life why they should be angry too. You can further educate yourself on whom you are and why you are. You can rally against that which makes you angry in this world. You can reevaluate everything taught to you...to what's true and real. You can help people learn how to survive these harsh time and the times to come. Or you can simply spend the rest of your life just being angry without a cause.

See, there is so much you can do, but it has to be your decision of what path you should take. You have to find the answer from within and get back on your path. There are many of us still struggling with what paths we are to take. Then there are many of us doing/living our path as i type. What would you like to see change soomaal? If you have an answer to this...then you already have one answer on what you should be doing. That one answer can lead you exactly to what it is you need to be doing. Look within and find your destiny.

:heart:

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa!

PurpleMoons,
    :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

5. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    what does "happy" mean??

reckon you should have put quotes around that first word of your title since what is going on around this planet right now ain't that.
    stay with a master's program; that piece of paper seems to carry some sort of weight in this idiotic world.
    EACH AND EVERY ONE of these sentences come straight out of MY heart! how'd you do that? you been following me around? oh, but wait; you said "UK" ... whoa!! do you, too, console yourself by telling yourself that you "only have xx more years around this trash"?

that ain't "despair"!! that's clear thinking!! "advice"? well, if you run across anything that makes sense, share it with me, please as i could use a suggestion myself.

or maybe we just drop out together? (oops ...)

6. emanuel goodman

emanuel goodman Well-Known Member MEMBER

social worker
    Ratings:
    +759
    some times it just get like that . u even broke it down to the walls lol! dont despair u are not along in this plight. Just wake up when the earth turn around to face the sun again and see how u feel. remember we are here for a purpose like it or not u were choosen. sometimes we forget that a bad experience is better than no experience at all we are remind by this unfortuately by death! hotep

7. Mad Skillz

Mad Skillz Well-Known Member MEMBER

Real Estate
    Ratings:
    +251
    Welcome!

First piece of advice, get your Masters in African anthropology. We need more blacks in this field to counter the never ending lies and distortions perpetuated by eurocentrics who write about Africa and people of African descent. You never know, you could be the next Cheikh Anta Diop, John Henrik Clarke, Shomarka Keita, Chancellor Williams, etc. Getting your education is something they can never take away from you.

Secondly, don't give up. At some point in time everybody has felt the way you do. You just got to keep on going. 'Dropping out' of society wont help you or the people who love you.

Lastly, if you can travel, do so. Take a nice vocation somewhere. Some place relaxing where you can get your thoughts together. Also, how is your diet? You might want to think about changing your diet. Brother SpititualOne has an excellent thread on this subject matter. http://destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55437

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa and the Collective!

Family,

Thanks, as a collective, we did our best, whether or not, if, this was a prank, so to speak! And, nevertheless, another step in right direction!

9. soulosophy

soulosophy Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +123
    Sister Soomaal,

Firstly, welcome to Destee.com and secondly, thank u 4 sharing how u feel.

Everything happens as it should sis, perfectly even if we don't think the thing happening is perfect per se. I know that when I came across your message in a bottle today, I felt as if I was the one who wrote it. You expressed exactly how I have been feeling.

I am also from the UK(kk) and have been sensing a very powerful negative energy harnessing over the country and the world 4 a long time now that kind of renders me almost powerless. Like u sis, I have no love 4 this system with all its alluring goods: Sky & cable, I-pods & mobiles, shallow minds, pounds & pence, etc etc...

Sometimes I think I am not strong enuff 2 exist in this realm of life but I also know that there is a reason 4 my feeling this way & I have 2 go thru the storm 2 get the calm. I have searched a long time 4 reasons 4 my Being, 4 life, 4 the universe looking thru so-called religion/s etc only 2 find that I am the God of my own destiny.

Sis, I don't even know if what I an saying is making any sense but I know that I had to reach out 2 u & let u know that u r not alone in ur confusion, concerns & fears. No man is an island & we each need each other 2 lift and encourage each other. So if thse few words of mine touches u in any way as yours has touched me then that is a blessing.

Right now sis, I don't care much 4 anything and I honestly don't care how others c this message. We live in a society where the masses r now slaves of consumerism seeking happiness from outside of themselves. Someone said 2 me not so long ago that I was worthless because I did not have a car or did not drive. That is how so many people think these days. They place someone's worth on what they have or don't have. As someone wrote once on this site, people define themselves by what they have but let those things b taken away & c who they r? Sad isn't it.

The way I see it, we've lost the knowledge of self and no longer know who we r or know how 2 live in harmony & in partnership with our selves let alone our universe. We r about taking & taking & me me me and no longer know how 2 give back bringing disharmony within the self & the environment. We seek happiness outside of ourselves and become dependent on those external factors 2 bring us joy.

This is why I so feel detached from this so-called reality. It is a reality that I want no part of yet it affects me. The thing is though, the tools r there within us 2 utilise. If we don't do the work then we cannot expect any changes in our lives or in our world. Yes I have been feeling so down and beaten but u know something sis, the struggle got harder when i no longer utilised the tools. The tools I speak of is meditation, breathing tehniques, cutting out the meat & eating more healthier etc. It all plays a huge part sis and makes such a vast difference 2 our psyche and perception. as u know the foods we eat 2day r so filled with toxins & poisons 2 keep us in a state of confimity and dumb us down & keeping us distracted from seeking higher knowledge of the self. Even the so-called technology we use is affecting us with the radiation etc that is slowly killing us & altering our DNA.

I dont know u sis, but i know that right now we r connected in our despondency. Please do do not hesitate 2 hit me u sis anytime. U can email me, just go 2 my profile and u can email me from there if u wish 2 talk further. I am in London & perhaps we can link up u know...do a herbal tea or suttin.

Sis, like u I had reached out 2 someone who is also a member of destee.com & they told me 2 NEVER EVER GIVE UP. We all go thru this up & down period at some time in our lives. It serves as part of our growth. No matter how down I get sometimes, i now know that surely no-one is ever down without rising a level higher than where they were b 4. Don't give up on ur studies sis. If u r not motivated right now then perhaps think about taking a year out.

Hit me up aight. Until then, peace & love embrace u...

From da Soul
    1UL