Black People : life lessons

Nubian One

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 17, 2004
Philly
Occupation
Fulltime Student & Sexual Health Educator
I recently just had a birthday and every year around this time I get really really sad. About 3 , almost 4 years ago, I lost my identical twim sister in a car accident. At one point in my life, I thought it was all over..actually I wanted it to be over. I felt as tho God brought me into this world with someone and why did things end up as they did.. I lost a part of my heart, my soul, my other half. and it was extremely hard. Now I'm sitting here on a friday night..just thinking to myself..What if this and What if that.. I sing and I write, so over the past few years those have been my escape. I have a demo out and singing is my passion. When I go into a recording studio I enter into my own world.. just me myself and I.. I let everything out.. and just let it flow. Sometimes i just sit and think on my dear sister. I know that she lives through me and I try to live my life the way she would want me to. The scariest thing in the world is to look into a casket at someone and look exactly like you.. and to be so young.. I've learned an extremely lot from her and from this experience despite how cliche this may sound 'life is short'.. we have no choise but 'to live life to its fullest'..take it from me.. The next moment may be your last. Losing a loved one, especailly a twin is a real eye opener. I realized sooo many things.. I grew as a person.. and hopefully my sister is smiling down on me. I"ll soon be attending college.. I just got a new car.. My job is great and I'm loving life right now. Altho I wish she was here w/ me.. I truley know deep down inside she lives in me,around me and through me.

RIP Niema

NubianOne, thank you for coming here to share with us. I sense the heaviness of your heart as you reflect on what was given to you as a gift at birth and what you have lost when your twin sister physically died. I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are but in spirit I believe that you and your sister are still connected. Her energy continues to live. I wish you the best in life and hope that soon whenever you think of your sister, a smile comes instead of a tear.

Blessings,
Queenie :love:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back