Black Women : Life Choices

Which of the two scenarios would be hardier to deal with?

• The first

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The second

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
In many if not most cases it's not even about whether or not you're going to work = you have to bring something to the table to make ends meet.

But when it comes to pursuing a career - I mean really putting a great deal of evergy into climbing right to the top we often have to rule family out or let our family go to neglect.

So what is more important to you: family or career?

Scnario 1
You are 50 years old and tears are running down your cheeks as you watch your fourth child graduate from graduate school. suddenly you feel empty. Noone notices when your tears of joy turn into tears of regret as you think of all the dreams and potential you sacrificed.

Scenario 2
Your at the airport on your way to a multimillion dollar corporate project when the news announcer reports a nearby tornado that leaves the plane grounded until the danger is past. You follow the crowd to the phone bank to call loved ones to let them know you're okay. You pick up the phone and then realize you have no one to call.

Which of these would be harder for you to deal with?

Sistas!

The brothers are over in their forum kicking serious tail. I thought this topic would engender good discussion but y'all more interested in discussing non issues.

Why do we complain when the brothas say they'd rather have Caribbean mates than African-American ones when truth is we steer clear of anything that approaches a worthwhile conversation?

Now wake up, sistas! I want your opinions, thoughts and feelings about this subject which will at one time or another affect all of us.

I could not deal with the first option at all. My attitude is that I can find or meet a woman who has the energy and movement that I do...so the idea of loneliness to that degree isn't something I see.

Regret is something I can not deal with. I can not conceive of my life being wasted to that degree. It's not like I would ever pursue corporate anything...I'm more into having my own business or producing income from my own abilities.

Keita said:
I could not deal with the first option at all. My attitude is that I can find or meet a woman who has the energy and movement that I do...so the idea of loneliness to that degree isn't something I see.

Regret is something I can not deal with. I can not conceive of my life being wasted to that degree. It's not like I would ever pursue corporate anything...I'm more into having my own business or producing income from my own abilities.
Thanks brotha Keita.

I still think the sistas could really throw down a tight flow here, but your comments are very welcome.

I generally don't like to put in the first opinion when I start a topic because it could affect the way others feel like they have to answer since I started the discussion, and here I don't want anyone to feel like they have to answer in a certain way. Just answer that's all. Don't be shy.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back