Black Spirituality Religion : Life Began in Africa and so did Religion

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Revcurley, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Revcurley

Revcurley New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    There is no secret that life began in Africa so isnt it also safe to say that man's walk with God also began at that time. :bowdown:

2. Akilah

Akilah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Scheduling Coordinator for large Health System
    Ratings:
    +36

I would say yes, since God created mankind.

Much Peace,
    Akilah :sand:

3. ANGELIC SOUL

ANGELIC SOUL Well-Known Member MEMBER

I gotta a job while I chase my dream
    Ratings:
    +2
    I agree!

I would also like to add that in the beginning, it was not religion it was the search for something higher and greater than ourselves. What we now call sprituality. There was no CHURCH, there was nature, and the elements. There were animals which we used the skins to make drums, there was fire in which we danced around the flames while chanting and invoking certain deities and ancestors to help us with the growth of crops, to ask for rain, and to aid us in fertility and survival against the attack of animals and other tribes.
    There was no doctrine, there were no restrictive rules. There was only community and spirituality. There was a divine connection btw ourselves and the magic we conducted to strengthen the bond btw God/Goddess and humanity. What a wonderful moment in time that must have been!

Peace family
    Shadow walker aka lady bastet

Stay in the light!

4. Angela22

Angela22 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +3,317
    No surprise that where Man was created from the dust, he began walking with the Father, as Adam spoke face to face with the Most High.;)

I don't believe, however, that animals were used for anything until he and his wife were cast from the garden, because all things were provided to the children of our KING. They didn't even need clothes. No restrictive rules were needed because Man kept his own actions in check, being ignorant to the ways of evil.

Afterward, they were necessary then, because death was loosened upon us by our sinning, while now, faith and belief is necessary in the One who died for us and was resurrected to life eternal, that our Spirit be in check before the Most High, that we be justified and redeemed.

5. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Of course. Vodou is one of the oldest traditions known to man.