Liberia : Liberia...and the slaves who returned to africa...

mkhaya lo'

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 1, 2001
Rand Park Ridge, Johannesburg, South Africa.
Occupation
Journalist
Hi guys...i was wondering if there are any good websites or books I can read to more about the above subject...I actually never knew that Liberia was started by repatriated Slaves...like I said, I'm still learning a whole lot about Africa myself...all along in South Africa we were taught about the Boer war...European history and now in post apartheid i'm just finding there's so much knowledge to be acquired!!!! please help me..

lo'

I doubt you can find them abroad but a two volume book was written by a liberian professor that is a part of the original traditional royal family.

i will email my old university and see if i can get the exact name of the book set.

it details:

*role of repatraited africans in displacing continental africans.
*role of repatriated africans in destroying traditional rule.
*role of repatriated africans in helping white churches spread christianity
*role of repatriated africans in helping accentuate tribal differences between continental africans.
*role of repatriated africans in reselling land bought by marcus garvey to Firestone Tire company.
*role of repatriated africans and US black churches in divesting monies and selling rights to natural resources to white corporations worldwide.
*decline of traditional beliefs
*history of politics and leaders in liberia
*role of liberia in thwarting oganization of african unity
*role of liberia in supporting us imperialistic/military objectives in africa.
*us. training of liberian military and intellectual leaders.

its very good. the professor is very honest but BRUTALLY honest writer. he has a very good reputation for writings in journals etc..

its been so long since i was in college his name and the book escape me. my copies were stolen!

if you would like to pursue info on the author and title too - go to the website for Fisk University http://www.fisk.edu and email them asking:

name of professor that taught History of Liberia course (circa 90-92) and author of two volume book on Liberia.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back