Black People : Levert Gving the People What they want, joins Stevie to Boycott Florida

Alarm Clock

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 6, 2013
eddie-levert.jpg

Another soul legend has decided not to play Florida until the gun laws in the state are abolished and/or revised.
Eddie Levert posted the following message on his Facebook page about two hours ago.
Well!!!!! I’m joining my friend MR STEVIE WONDER IN THE BOYCOTT OF FLORIDA I WILL NOT PLAY THERE UNTIL THEY ADDRESS THIER GUN LAWS AND MAKE CHANGES
Yesterday, video of Stevie Wonder announcing his plans to not play Florida (or any state with ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws) until those laws were addressed and reconsidered hit the internet. It appears that some celebrities are following Stevie’s lead.
http://tlcnaptown.com/2124974/eddie-levert-joins-stevie-wonder-in-boycott-of-florida-stages/

http://goblackcentral.com/2013/07/e...florida-until-stand-your-ground-is-abolished/

If entertainers want to abolish Stand your Ground laws, they'll have to boycott a heckava lot MORE states than Florida.

“StandYourGround"states
Alabama
Arizona
Florida
Georgia
Indiana
Kentucky
Louisiana
Montana
Nevada
New Hampshire
Oklahoma
Pennsylvania
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Utah
Washington

In any of the above states, if a person feels reasonably threatened by you, they can attack. In many deadly force is not punishable.

Although I'm surprised at Stevie blaming Stand your Ground for Trayvon's death, considering Zimmerman waived his right to plead innocence by Stand your Ground in favor of "Self Defense." That's what he was acquitted based on, i.e., Self-Defense, NOT Stand your Ground.

If entertainers want to abolish Stand your Ground laws, they'll have to boycott a heckava lot MORE states than Florida.

Although I'm surprised at Stevie blaming Stand your Ground for Trayvon's death, considering Zimmerman waived his right to plead innocence by Stand your Ground in favor of "Self Defense." That's what he was acquitted based on, i.e., Self-Defense, NOT Stand your Ground.
You posted 15 states, and he is one out of 50 Black not even contemporary entertainers, what is your point?

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back