Black People : Levert Gving the People What they want, joins Stevie to Boycott Florida

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Alarm Clock, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    [​IMG]

Another soul legend has decided not to play Florida until the gun laws in the state are abolished and/or revised.
    Eddie Levert posted the following message on his Facebook page about two hours ago.
    Well!!!!! I’m joining my friend MR STEVIE WONDER IN THE BOYCOTT OF FLORIDA I WILL NOT PLAY THERE UNTIL THEY ADDRESS THIER GUN LAWS AND MAKE CHANGES
    Yesterday, video of Stevie Wonder announcing his plans to not play Florida (or any state with ‘Stand Your Ground’ laws) until those laws were addressed and reconsidered hit the internet. It appears that some celebrities are following Stevie’s lead.
    http://tlcnaptown.com/2124974/eddie-levert-joins-stevie-wonder-in-boycott-of-florida-stages/

http://goblackcentral.com/2013/07/e...florida-until-stand-your-ground-is-abolished/

2. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    If entertainers want to abolish Stand your Ground laws, they'll have to boycott a heckava lot MORE states than Florida.

Although I'm surprised at Stevie blaming Stand your Ground for Trayvon's death, considering Zimmerman waived his right to plead innocence by Stand your Ground in favor of "Self Defense." That's what he was acquitted based on, i.e., Self-Defense, NOT Stand your Ground.

3. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    You posted 15 states, and he is one out of 50 Black not even contemporary entertainers, what is your point?

4. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    I thought it was obvious - boycotting Florida to get them to change their Stand Your Ground Law will have no effect on whites killing blacks in the other 14 states that have the exact same law. :10500:

5. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I see Oklahoma made the list... Hmph,..Oklahoma ain't gonna budge.. And besides, its a cowboy state. People carry guns out here. Even black folks...

6. chuck

chuck Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,531
    No guess at this point exactuly what led to that unjustified bad judgement call as regards the Martin murder case not guilt verdict...

But let's don't deny the media's misleading of the general public about the issues/problems/etc. our youth have to cope and deal with,( and/or our own lack of efforts to be candid and honest about it all), also is a part of it...

In the real world, we do come in with our personal biases, etc., (jury duty included)...

FYI...