Black Spirituality Religion : Levels of Thought

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by river, Sep 6, 2005.

1. river

river Watch Her Flow MEMBER

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    There are four basic levels of thought. Each level represents the extent to which one is or is not conscious. This is not something I read in a book but concluded from my own observation and practice.

1. In the first level of thought the person asks no questions about life but just lives in a totally materialistic state where the spirit is suppressed by the events of life and the essentials are sacrificed for the urgents

2. In the second level of thought the individual begins to ask questions then accepts whatever answers are spoonfed to him/her by appointed or self-proclaimed authorities and the surrounding society.

3. On the third level the individual learns to question the conventional answers and explore other answers but is still operating in the paradigm and hueristics of the society which provides these answers. This individual is often perplexed by an inability to find satisfactory alternative answers within the conventional paradigm. The pressures of society often act as a vortex to suck him/her back to the narrow comfort zone.

4. An individual operating on the fourth level of thought has learned to not only question the answers but also to question the questions of his/her society. This individual is able to read between the lines between the lines and break away from the dilemmas and verbal gameplaying that stump and trap those thinking on the lover levels.

On which level do you think?

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

I'm on none of the 4, but at level zero. My thought level is nothing and everything.

3. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    Amen Neteru

4. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    Good post.
    I would love to say I think on the 4th, but as usual the journey of life always throws a wrench somewhere to send you back to another level to learn something else. But its all good, it just strengthens awareness until you finally one day do break through.

5. Poetrymama

Poetrymama Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +6
    re:Levels

Sometimes you can be on such a level that it frightens others and make them question what is real or not. I don't justify my Faith to anyone. but I will tell you until you reach it . Searching for answers to something so simple will take a lifetime. Sis. Rivers , What is your Level?

6. Deepvoice

Deepvoice Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +4
    I guess it would be 3. Like the chicken and the egg, maybe the answer came before the question, maybe the answer created the question, maybe the highest level of an answer actually resides in the question asked not the question answered?

7. river

United States
    Author
    Ratings:
    +1,290
    My my! You are operating on level 4 right now.

Yes it is a chicken and egg situation for no answer is the end of all questions. It's a journey not a destination. Knowledge passed on goes beyond the individual and is not subject to the death of the individual. But if we ever as a species become complacent with the answers and stop asking questions we will all die--mind dead.

8. karmashines

karmashines Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +19
    You would be a philosophy teacher's dream. :)

9. Mahoganee

Mahoganee Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    This is a really interesting topic. I recently discussed the various levels of thinking based on Socrates' "Allegory of the Cave" and I have concluded that I can not pin point exactly what level of thinking I'm on because it is a journey (an arduous one) and my mind is ever changing and ever questioning logic.

10. Wisdom7

Wisdom7 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +7
    I guess I can't agree with the original post then. I skimmed through 4, in thinking that since it was the last level that one stops asking questions because they are aligned into the highest level of consciousness and therefore they know and they aren't into questioning society as to why's and what's because they have knowledge of self.

This started out asking what level of conscious thought you are on, and now there is supposed to be a definate answer. I think Poetrymama was right. We can spend too much time looking for something that is so simple.

Interesting though