Letting your babe know the 'word' now than later

Discussion in 'Black Parenting' started by dustyelbow, Dec 6, 2006.

1. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    I believe its not the NUMBER of WORDS, but the TONE of words and DEGREE of ENCOURAGEMENT that makes ALL the DIFFERENCE. Also in SINGLE PARENT ENVIRONMENTS most of the TALK can be DOWN RIGHT DISGUSTING to a CHILD. In a TWO ADULT HOME with STABILITY like SINGLE MOTHER and GRANDMOTHER or MAN and WOMAN in MARRIAGE or in contact over CHILD WELFARE MAKES A IMPROVED DIFFERENCE.

What's that saying.

TWO MINDS are better than ONE.

But I talk FOOLISH THINGS anyway.

2. Ala

Ala Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks i really needed this thread , it gets so hard by urself raising 2 boys , i know i have and still hush my kids .I will definitly try a whole lot more to encourage thir voice.Lord knows i love to listen to them , its just the struggle that can get a little old .Thanks though .peace

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,177
    If one would take the approch in less tone and more meaningful wayz to
    reach the mental of a child not to hush but give a guide to understand surely
    the growth would be greater.

4. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    letting your babe know...

do you all know what's wrong with child rearing today...YA'LL READ TOO MANY BOOKS...i've seen just as many BLACK parents plead with little johnny and susie to please stop screaming and jumping up and down in the stores[mommy will take you to toyland if you please be good please]give me a f%%kin brake,puuleeeze,sure you're gonna spoil em to a certain extent,but you have to let your kids know that there are RULES and amoung the first is[DON'T EVER TRY TO SHOW ME UP IN PUBLIC]kids today don't fear parent's authority,all that crap about what our parents did won't work today is just that..crap,you gotta start at birth[not when the child is seven]and not talking about poppin em everytime they do something,but as most of our parents did with[THE LOOK]if i thought about cutting up my mom would shoot me the look and case closed,but if you have to spank that butt,then spank it[children aren't stupid they know when they've crossed the line]but for heaven's sake stop listening to dr.phil and those other tv and book pimps and go talk to mom and grandma,they'll get it straight.

5. QUEEN ABENA

QUEEN ABENA Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    "]if i thought about cutting up my mom would shoot me the look and case closed,but if you have to spank that butt,then spank it[children aren't stupid they know when they've crossed the line]but for heaven's sake stop listening to dr.phil and those other tv and book pimps and go talk to mom and grandma,they'll get it straight."

Ashe to dat!!!
    Queen Abena

6. dustyelbow

dustyelbow Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +21
    No books just OBSERVATION and PERSPECTIVES.

In this case its not the child's fault for have high energy and wants to run around to EXPLORE. That is the CREATORS way of telling us SOMETHING. I would look at the parents because they have a GROWN-UP thinking that FORBID children from LEARNING at the FULLEST.

The parents in this case LACK of AUTHORITY in the HOME but in all cases at WORK too. Where most of the parents spend a GOOD CHUNK of their DAY especially black parents because they cannot AFFORD NOT TOO. When they get HOME instead of having the HIGH ENERGY to GIVE their CHILD NEEDED ATTENTION, they SLOW THEM down with such things as TV, GOING SHOPPING, PILLS, FOODS, JUICES, etc, BOOKS with no relation to the WORLD RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER that is READY for them to EXPLORE.

I think PARENTS and CHILDREN should be spending MAXIMUM ENERGY TIME (WORK isnt WORKING) together instead of GOING HOME expecting REST and RELAXATION after 5:00PM. These LITTLE ONES are at their peak LEARNING time in AGE and to have them SOCIALIZE at an EARLY AGE with TV, VIDEO GAMES, SEDENTARY ACTIVITIES etc only makes them SLOW DOWN to realizing their POTENTIAL LATER ON. We can already SEE the RESULTS now.

I dont think its the CHILDS FAULT but the HABITS FORMED by the PARENTS for OUTBURST and REBELLION against their PARENTS AUTHORITY.

Maybe a BEATING showing AUTHORITY and afterwards watching TV and SLOUCHING can work of a FEW CHILDREN but not ALL by FAR.