Black Poetry : LETTER TO MY FATHER A.K.A PUNK

AppleBottomBird

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 21, 2005
Hello David, the man whose name is on my birth certificate, the man that indeed is not a real man, a punk, the punk that left my mother at the hospital in labor claiming that you did not wanted to be bothered with another child, the punk that never spent a day in my 20 years of life, the punk that talked to me when i was 13 and lyed about picking me up for the weekend, the punk that doesn't pay child support, the punk that missed his daughters first steps, spoken words, accomplishments in life so far, graduation. David, if you only knew that i used to dislike you alot. :whip: My mother always said,"it's better to forgive and forget", with that statement i close this letter. That day that you seen me-your daughter for the first time all you could do was look at me, i didn't even glance at you, you tried to talk to me, but all the pain that i was feeling was too much for me to let it out without bursting into tears, asking questions of "WHY?" WHY, you claim your other kids but not me? WHY, you did not want to be in my life? I FORGAVE you for not being a real man, and taking care of ALL your family and i now FORGET that you exist in my life. Like 2pac onced said, "NO love for my daddy cause the coward wasn't there, he passed away, and i didn't cry, cause my anger wouldn't let me feel for a stranger, they say i young and i heartless but all alone i was looking for a father and he was gone."

All real men-PLEASE don't turn into a punk.
Be there for your children, no matter what.
You wouldn't want your child to write you a letter similar to mine.

welcome to destee.com poetic playground
welcome to the house of peace & respect
welcome from above blessing this much love

well felt , deep and real the hardship of pain that u feel
surely to be a man is to stand up from his mistake is what
ur never make .......welcome to the family Applebottombird

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back