Law Forum : "Letter- State v. George Zimmerman" by ALTON H. MADDOX, JR.

Discussion in 'Law Forum - Prisons - Gun Ownership' started by Asomfwaa, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    April 30, 2012

Angela Corey
    Special Prosecutor - 18th Circuit
    Courthouse Annex
    220 East Bay Street
    Jacksonville, Florida, 32202

Re: State v. Zimmerman

Dear Ms. Corey:

I am writing this letter to express my opposition to the way that the issues of arrest and bail have been employed in State v. Zimmerman. These issues have caused unrest in the nation as they are being reported by the news media. This letter will hopefully smolder some of the fires.

The latest incident in State v. Zimmerman arises out of the question of bail. In seeking bail, neither George Zimmerman nor his parents allegedly disclosed the funds raised by a website for him after he murdered Trayvon Martin. No website can be established to promote a crime.

The amount in question, Two Hundred Thousand Dollars ($200,000.00), apparently exceeds his bail of only One Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($150,000.00) for a murder suspect. There is no incentive for Zimmerman not to be a flight risk. Moreover, no conditions of bail were established to protect the public from him. This is especially true for descendants of enslaved Africans.

If these claims are true, George Zimmerman has violated § 903.035 of the Florida Statutes which requires that anyone seeking bail must make a full and complete disclosure of any material information relating to bail. The amount of money that Zimmerman has raised in connection with his legal defense constitutes material information.

For violating the above-mentioned law, Florida requires that Zimmerman must be charged with a felony. This is a mandatory provision of Florida law. It is your office that must charge him with this felony as is expressed under § 903.035 (3) of the Florida Statutes. Florida takes this issue seriously.

Your office should also file an immediate, interlocutory appeal of the unprecedented decision of Judge Kenneth R. Lester, Jr. to release a murder suspect, George Zimmerman, on exceedingly low bail. Among other things, Zimmerman failed to meet his burden of proof in the bond hearing. The transcript on Zimmerman's motion for bail speaks for itself.

The firestorm under State v. Zimmerman will not be put to rest until Florida makes a complete and full disclosure of all the circumstances leading up to his original arrest and subsequent escape or his illegal release from prosecution. Under Florida law, any person, under arrest, must see a judge before he or she can be released from police custody.

Zimmerman either freed himself or he was freed from police custody prior to being taken before a judge in Florida. This is judicial error. Only a person charged with a misdemeanor and given a "notice to appear" by a police officer in Florida can be released from police custody without seeing a judge. In New York, this legal instrument, also limited to a misdemeanor, is called a "desk appearance ticket".

Very truly yours,

Alton H. Maddox, Jr.

AHM:sr

2. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Nice letter and effort, although it's dated after the Judge became aware of the monies, thanks for sharing this.

Peace In,

3. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Brother Clyde Coger,

This only shows how Zimmerman is guilty of another felony. This is the information that is left out of 'the media.' This is the reason why we not only need to empower African lawyers, but this shows how Attorney Alton H. Maddox Jr should be re-instated.

Hotep,

4. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

.......Absolutely, and it also can act as a barometer to measure media reporting. For example, I will be looking to see if the DA notions the additional Felony. Are you setting this thread aside for such use? If so, I will post relative findings to this thread.

One more thing before we go, please explain more fully Maddox, Jr.'s reinstatement... what happen?

Peace In,

5. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    Brother Clyde Coger,

The 'additional' Felony won't be charged onto Zimmerman. As it were, Europeans know that Africans do not know the laws. Hence that's the limit of the justice system.

After Sister Nafissatou Diallo was raped in New York last year, her own lawyer dismissed the case. This is illegal, but most African people went along with it. We don't know the law so the law isn't enforced.

But it's good to be on the lookout no less. :)

As to Maddox's reinstatement. He was the best living lawyer; even White people admitted as much. But he was also very loyal to our race. So they illegally disbarred him.

Of course, it's seen that most African lawyers who were loyal to the race have been either disbarred or assassinated. Sometimes misbehavior catches up with them (hence the former option), but with Maddox they simply disbarred him then censored him.

My memory is a bit fuzzy, but if I remember correctly, some twenty-years ago, he had been given an ultimatum, either he violates the attorney-client confidentiality (so that Sharpton would go to Prison) or they illegally take away his license. Out of loyalty to our people, he did not violate the attorney-client confidentiality.

As it were Sharpton wants nothing to do with Maddox today, but that's another story altogether.

To wit, Sharpton was up against 67-counts and Maddox cleared them all.

But again, my memory is a bit fuzzy. I wish that there were a resource that I could point you to.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

.......Thanks for the run-down on Maddox, I'll do more research to satisfy my curiosity. Since all charges have not been reported/filed against Zimmerman, if the additional Felony is/isn't mentioned, at least Maddox has made us aware.

Again, is this thread dedicated for relative information?

Excuse my delay, I've been afk (away from keyboard)

Peace In,

7. Asomfwaa

Ratings:
    +2,564
    In a sense, yes, Brother Clyde Coger. What is implicitly related can be explicitly related.

I would be appreciative of relative information.

HTP

8. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

.......With that understanding ABSiblings, I'm book-marking this for future references...

Peace In,