Black History : Letter from King Leopold II of Belgium to Colonial Missionaries, 1883

Thank you for this. How many "Christians" will read this? I wonder. These savages came handed our brothers and sisters a bible, told them to close their eyes to pray and while our brothers and sisters prayed the white men preyed and proceeded to steal their land and ravage their women! smh

We've been telling them about the evil of Christianity and Islam since day 1 on this forum. Do you think they are listening? If anything they are defending these disgusting, oppressive religions with zeal and their leader dares to call himself the "King of Blacks". As the saying goes, Wolves will always do what wolves do best.

man.. what is the point in us coming together? to throw rocks at eachother?
At some point we've got to decide to be substantive.. we can't just throw in the towel and throw rocks when it gets complex.. real talk..

You think all blacks think alike. No they don't. As in all groups there are factions. Only when one faction imposes their ideology over the mass then the mass will start thinking in that one direction. Why do you think there are purges in all revolutions? I don't recommend violent purge against our brethren but purges can be done peacefully as well.

You think all blacks think alike. No they don't. As in all groups there are factions. Only when one faction imposes their ideology over the mass then the mass will start thinking in that one direction. Why do you think there are purges in all revolutions? I don't recommend violent purge against our brethren but purges can be done peacefully as well.

All in the coolaid don't even know the flavor.. If you take the time to actually read the thread that you have so nakedly jumped into.. you'll see that my entire response has to do with illustrating how folks with differing belief systems can engage each other in respectful dialogue. That's the theme.. and it has been the theme across a couple of threads now.. but you didn't know that, because you havent done the reading. And in your drive-by keyword-driven intellectualizing I believe you have failed to fully grasp the context of those comments.. so, no, I don't think all "blacks" think alike.. I don't even like that way that sounds.. sounds too sterile.. too otherly for me.. you need to add a "folks".. or a "people" or something to it.. make it sound more like family... which is how I think of my people. And the idea that we have to all subscribe to the same exact theoretical ideologies in order to unify is inaccurate at best.. and I'll skip what it is at worst... we don't need to purge, we need to stop generalizing and stop judging each other.. to stop trying to use globes as road maps.. and put our disdain where it belongs.

-peace..

Peace Each1teach1,

So, you believe your argument is based in truth and hers is false.. because yours is backed up by history contained in true books and hers is backed up by a false book. She disagrees. She says, (very plausibly I might add) that its not the book that's false, its the interpretation put forth by Europeans bent on dominating the world thats false.. You say, "That's nonsense"... and walk away.. but not before agreeing with a culturally disrespectful analogy that casts black folk as crackheads for being Christian.

Bro, 2+2=4 thats the way it has always been and it will never equal anything else. Its an interpretation of a book that is not based in historical fact. So what does that make it? Seriously. Im still waiting, Im doing my research on this religion, I have not to date come to any logical conclusion or hardcore evidence that this man ever existed, therefore the conclusion is foregone.

And you end it all by posting a video entitled, "The African Origins Of Christianity" where the speaker asks the audience to believe in his own form of mysticism.. where his deceased grandmother came to him and saved his life.. and then he goes on to blame black folks for the white racism-designed crime,drugs, violence and decadence found in the intentionally economically oppressed black ghettos.. And he says, predictably, that all of this goes on with black churches on every corner..

I dont recall him asking anyone to accept his beliefs all he did what state what he KNOWS theres a difference.

What Mr. Browder fails to see is that those churches on every corner are a response to the crime, drugs and violence of the intentionally economically depressed innercity/ghetto.. Those churches are representative of a people trying to cope with the weight of the assault against black life in America.. with the police-protected drug trade.. the government protected gun trade.. and alcohol trade.. with the institutional white racism that affects all areas of our existence.. He leaves that out..

I grew up in church.. and never heard anybody say that God was white.. or European.. or that we should embrace poverty.. Overwhelmingly our church services were about personal behavior.. about doing the right thing.. and holding eachother up.. Our preachers took passages from the bible and bent them into stories and speeches that helped people cope with the turmoil that existed outside the doors.. We gathered in support of one another.. to mourn.. to celebrate.. to inspire.. to develop.. I learned how to play piano in my church.. how to sing.. how to apply myself.. I learned how to speak in public to an audience in my church. I learned about the frailty of existence in my church.. how to mourn death through funerals.. how to celebrate life through christenings.. and how to support one another through prayer and meditation.. Prayers overwhelmingly for eachother.. and for the world.. and the Bible was but a tool. I listened as our resident philosophers took on the major themes of life in creative new ways.. from new angles that required one to think.. and that often amazed with their cleverness.. Our spirituality came through our openness to eachother.. not from some book.. but through our support of each other.. through our cooperation with each other.. We fed the hungry every tuesday for 12 years.. we held study halls for the kids.. we hosted movie nights for families.. we provided financial assistance to those that needed it.. we sent money to support folks affected by Hurricane Katrina.. we shared information amongst each other.. And that's was just the Churches I belonged too.. their were others doing more.. larger churches with more financial resources.. One church had a credit union.. another an extensive music program.. another awarded grants for college.. One of our members formed a fund to pay for the college of over 20 children.. we did through the church all the things that folks outside the church talk about doing but never really do. we shared our talents and our time.. and we respected each other.. and anyone that can not delineate the difference between Lily white King James Christianity and what black people do on Sundays needs to slow down and take a closer look. That ole preacher as a pimp thing that white folks decided to emphasize through their media/movies as a response to the Afrocentric Black Arts Movement of the 60's and 70's was designed to disconnect the next generation from the churches that had caused so much trouble in the 50's and 60's.. so while the Klan was burning and bombing churches from the outside.. the producers, writers and directors were hard at work hoping to burning them from the inside.. inside the minds of black people. ..Realtalk..

I agree with you here to a certain extent. I was in the church for 10 years and they did alot for each other too. but what we fail to realize is that this religion does ask people "not to worry about their woes on earth, let god handle it, turn the other cheek and they will get their reward in heaven. With all due respect this is what has been the tool of destruction keeping us from wealth and healthy living all over the world. The church teaches people to cope, not do and that is a fallacy. That is essentially what Leopold wanted them to do!!! If I had a dollar for every time I heard, "Jesus will fix it" "Let go and let god" while all these people and their families are still catching hell, Id be rich. Now there are some churches that realize this and are now going back to the days of Richard Allen and teaching people to "do". Thats why even though I dont agree totally with Elijah Muhamed philosophy atleast he actually taught people to do and be self sustained instead of "coping and letting God" God helps those that help themselves period.

If you're still reading, let me ask you this: do you realize that you yourself have never even put forth your own belief system for examination? Its easy to poke at what someone else believes.. But what do you believe? And, although it's easier just to "be out"and drop a video but, when do you plan to be as open and sharing as Chevron Dove has been and put yourself out there like she has.. and weather the possiblity of someone just waving-off everything you said, calling it nonsense and agreeing with someone else's analogy that compares you to a crackhead?? (I mean really.. a crackhead.. as devastating as this intentionally weaponized form of cocaine has been to black communities what kind of person sits around waiting to use on black folks? And how could that kind of person ever hope to convince anyone to come over to his/her way of thinking?)
Ive said this a number of times on this forum. Ive learned to stop believing a long time ago. I KNOW a CREATOR EXISTS! I dont believe air exist just cause I cant see it, I know its there because I can feel it. I can feel the great spirit ITS IN ALL OF US AND YOU DONT NEED A BOOK OR ANYONE OUTSIDE YOUR BODY TO TELL YOU HOW TO LIVE, THINK OR BREATH. Aside from that there is nothing else for me to believe because since I was a child, I knew that there is no way to ever comprehend or understand a creator as long as you are in the body.

anyway.. if you don't answer any of the other questions, please answer these:

If she shouldn't believe what she believes, what should she believe? And if you don't have the patience to peel the onion and actually ascertain what she believes through respectful dialogue, then how can you know what she believes?.. and how can you criticize it? Because it falls under the general umbrella of Christianity? I can understand your disdain for Christianity but why let it fall on your own people? Doesn't that disdain belong with the folks who coopted it.. and distorted it? and bent it into a weapon?
I am not here to tell people what they should believe. I dont have disdain for black christians. I have disdain for blind faith and ignorance. We all have a duty to seek for ourselves what the truth is when we find it its up to us to accept it or not. We all have our own truths, fortunately when it comes to facts that's where those personal truths should (in theory) end for a rational person.

Peace

It never ceases to amaze me how the religious minded never fail to come up with new ways to protect the slave master.

I mean, they lied to you about the religion and make you pay for the lies being told to you. Now you go around every chance you get interrupting the truth to protect the lies, just so in your mind you can justify your payments because you don't want to believe you are still being fooled. I mean it's been over 2,000 years and you still can't prove that one man existed??? Maybe that's why when you get mad or upset you yell out 'JESUS CHRIST' in complete anger!! Because your sub-concious is telling your concious your true feelings about the matter. I mean you don't yell out 'JESUS CHRIST' when you're happy....hello......when you're happy a majority of christians say 'PRAISE GOD or THANK GOD'. I know that most will say they are the same person, but that's not biblically accurate and leads us right back to you protecting the beast and his lies.

There is a good way to measure just exactly how far gone you are: How many christians got mad and raised their voices, or even shed a tear over any of the recent criminal attacks and murders in Africa??

- don't worry, i'll wait...........

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back