Black Short Stories : Let's Write A Story.. Together..

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by skuderjaymes, Feb 1, 2010.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    okay, creative people.. let's do something together.. as an excercise.. if you
    are blocked or sidetracked.. come add something to the story.. I'm thinking
    in 10 line or less chunks.. but it's a group thing so come with your suggestions..

2. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    I'll start:

Ten days had passed since they last spoke, and still her words rang in his ears..
    and in the center of his being.. as full and warm as the low low
    tones of an electrified acoustic bass.. His 3rd strike with her had been his
    own doing.. his own fault.. the result of his own weakness.. And there he
    stood: in but out, able but unable, innocent but guilty.. wondering if this
    is what their five years had come to.

3. Astrologer4U

Astrologer4U Well-Known Member MEMBER

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Thousands of thoughts went through her mind, one of them being "I still love him". As she wound her late model silver Maxima through the curved road, she came close to hitting the car that was directly in front of her "What is wrong with me?" she said to herself as she swerved to prevent from the potential car accident, which would have been her fault. As she drove down the road of White Plains Maryland to visit with her grandma, she had to re compose her thoughts in a way that she was not consumed with them so much to the point of not paying attention to the road, and other cars on the road. "I can't let him be the reason why I get my self hurt out here on these streets, no one is worth that"... Never in a million years would she have thought to compare Jay, short for James, to the value of her safety. Nope, not in a million years. She was such a fool for him as people would say, that even if she did get hurt, as long as she had him by her side, the healing process would have been worth the trial and error. The most lingering thoughts that went through her mind was "I am so angry with him and I feel stupid for still loving him but my feelings are only natural. I would consider taking him back but this time, it is not going to be as easy as I have allowed it to be in the past. I can't help him to get it, I can't help him to see the wrong in what he has done, if he really cares for me and loves me as much as I love him, he is going to have to realize that on his own. Mama always told me that her daddy told her, a man always has a chance to get his woman back, a good woman that is, but only if he knows what to do and does it from his heart."

4. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    As she pulled along the curb of her grandmother's house, she turned to car off and but did not get out. She sat staring out in front of her, hand still on the keys in her ignition. Still thinking. Thinking about him and how things should have been. Wondering if she should go by his house and confront him. But why? All of a sudden a loud ringing jerked her out of her deep thoughts. "Dang it." She then realized her cell phone was ringing. "It's him," she thought. She fumbled through her purse, throwing things onto her car seat and floor. Her heart and mind racing a thousand minutes. She sighed, and calmed down when she saw who it was on her caller id. Grandmother. "You gonna sit in that car all day or are you gonna come in?" the voice on the other end asked.

5. cocobutterskyn

cocobutterskyn Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Spreading Joy.... need some?
    Ratings:
    +221
    Being back in the house where she spent a lot of her childhood was a comfort in itself, coupled with her grandma’s loving disposition, a sense of calmness was on the rise. Her grandma, blessed with a knack to sense when someone’s troubled, especially those she loves, greeted her with a lingering hug. She could tell her granddaughter wasn’t quite ready to share the reason for her spur-of-the-moment visit. So she engaged in the casual topics of conversation her granddaughter introduced. Afterward, wisdom told her to encourage her to spend the night, perhaps in the morning she would open up.

6. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486
    Meanwhile Jaye was at his part time job as a doorman for "Hotel Cherie Perie" pondering about how many days it had been since he last saw Janiah. James and Janiah he thought. It had been since they were teens that he thought it was so cute and made them look popular because as they would say, their names matched, which made then meant to be. The teen days were not that far away. They met when they were each the age of 17, getting ready to graduate high school and become young adults. Three years later, although they were not married, Janiah became pregnant making them both expecting young parents. At first Jaye didn't want any children but he never told Janiah to have an abortion. In his mind, he tried very hard to not even think of her having one, although he had hoped that she would just do it, just not with his consent.

Jaye opened the door for a well to do white woman, she passed a ten dollar tip to his free hand. "Thank you" he said as he gestured his hat in a slight tipping. Meanwhile it finally came to him that it had now been exactly 12 days since he not only saw Janiah but Jonathan as well. Jaye had come from a family where his father was there but not in the home and that was Jayes reason for not wanting to be a parent. He feared that he would be just like his father and he didn't want no child to feel what he felt as a young man without a father in the home. Jayes father was what they call a rolling stone. Very handsome and the lady's not only fought over him but they took care of him. In so many ways, Jaye was destined to become like his father but to this day, he has been fighting against what seemed to be a cycle.

7. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    That's not really what I had in mind.. I think the editing should be done only to
    our own work.. the point is really just to vibe off of each other and put all of
    our energy in our own part.. otherwise it can begin to feel intrusive.. Editing
    implies that the editor understands what the writer is doing.. but that may not
    be obvious just from the words on the page.. that's why it's best to just edit
    our own work and leave everyone else's to them..

8. Astrologer4U

Self Employed
    Ratings:
    +486

I kind of figured you were going to say that but I put it out there any way. I actually didn't change anything at all if you read it closely an compared. However, I understand what you are saying. It's not a problem at all. I can delete the post, in fact I will. My apologies if anyone thought I was intruding. I wasn't trying to do that and couldn't possibly do that being that I can't change any of your original post. After I delete my post Skuderjaymes, is it safe to suggest that you delete your post to me so that the thread will only have story contributions as opposed to other stuff? Waiting to hear back from you before I make my move in deleting this post.:) Also, If I am to pick up where you left off, a certain amount of assuming has to take place.

Astrologer4U

9. skuderjaymes

Japan
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    no worries.. no apologies necessary.. it's a good idea.. but artists are so
    sensitive.. and we wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes.. that's all..
    you know.. we all have our own creative processes.. and our own ideas about
    Story and Form and style.. whats exciting for me is the idea of taking in
    and responding to another persons idea of story and form and style, etc..
    and intertwining it with my own.. so, it's not so much about picking up
    where I left off as it is about taking the other writers words in and adding
    it to your own ideas.. you can start off in another place with another set
    of characters.. you can flashback 100 years.. or forward.. sky's the limit..
    anyway.. I'm looking forward to everyones contributions.

peace.

10. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Apart of him longed to have the family he never had. Another longed to be far away from this thought. Now his son Johnathan was 13 years old, and looking more and more like Jaye as the days grew. Johnathan also grew a resentment for his father.

Whenever Jaye did try to come by and visit with his son, Johnathan completely ignored his presence and merely tossed his gifts to the side. The last time he had seen Johnathan was the day Janiah and him had the huge argument. He remembered the look of hatred in his sons eyes and he slammed the door behind him.