Black People : Let's write a song together.

I was able to etch out a rhythmic line to your words.. though, this is really really rough.. just feeling it out.. seeing where it could go. Right now it's feeling like a duet.. where your verse is a response to the woman's first verse where she embraces her independence. This verse attempts to make amends.. next verse should be her response.. ( MsInterpret.. help us out..)

anyway.. give it a listen or two.. and share your thoughts about the direction.. content.. whatever.. the performance is just to illustrate the song.. I'm more of a song writer than a singer.. my style is limited and I usually make a conscious effort to step outside of my personal singing style during the creation process.. that way my vocal limitations don't limit the song.

anyway.. so the way I've done this in the past is this: we highlight what resonates with us. Whatever submit to me, I will try just as you wrote it.. and I'll submit my feedback with the completed performance.. and then the loop starts again.

alright.. so let me know... and think about a storyline. My first thought after performing your lyrics was that this was a male remix/response record or interlude.. or maybe even a prequel interlude to the song.. then it goes into her whole spiel.. I don't know.. we'll see.. the beauty about Art is that you can do it all the ways you want.. each one becomes it's own thing..

- peace

Peace

I just got a chance to listen to it and it sounded pretty good. Go head bro. Skuds, a.k.a. Donell jones....

I think the "Never again," at the end should be done by both the male and female vocal.

EDIT: I wrote it, but I deleted it...I'm going back to the drawing board.

Should the female verse have more lines? Cause it is a female song, however, I always liked a song where the male was the main vocalist and the female had the shortest but most powerful verse last...

we all have our processes and comfort levels.. but my recommendation is.. don't delete anything.. just let it flow.. the cream of your crop will rise to the top.. and we never know how one of your ideas may fall in sync with another's ideas and become something completely new that nobody really expected.. that's the synergy thing that makes collaboration such a beautiful experience..

that said..

I was thinking the same thing about the parts overlapping.. and each one of their "Never Again" meaning something different.

But listen.. we're going to do this like software versions.. you can complete rewrite the whole song.. take it in whatever direction you want.. we can have multiple versions of the same song.. and then merge the parts that we like best.. so don't let the way it's going stop your creative process.. get in where you fit in.. go with whatever is natural for you..

let me see your deleted part... pretty please...

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back