Black People : Lets start showing love to ourselves

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Silko, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Silko

Silko Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +8
    Since the Trayvon case was turned into a black versus white thing & my people want to rally for that,how about you rally for all the black on black killings as well. Killing is wrong period but to only rally when it's a perceived race issue is dumb. If you disagree with me,prove me wrong.

2. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102

Was it turned into a Black vs White thing? I thought it was about injustice vs justice.?.

But i agree. There is more than enough people in this country to protest both as both are very serious causes. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the politics of issues, but i'm learning. My question to you (if you have a better understanding of these things ) When protesting against violence in a community, who do you sanction? The government, the people, or both?

I asked this because a Brother here on the site made a very interesting observation. I'm gonna paraphrase what he said in my understanding of it, so bare with me. He said, "the crime is out of control in certain areas because the police have failed to do there jobs in these communities. Now that the gentrification of these areas are in order the out cries are heard around the country."

Now thats deep! And it does make you question how the magnitude of crimes in these areas came into fruition. So who do we sanction? What course of action do we request? What outline do we present to the people in those neighborhoods to ensure that their rights won't be violated as well?
    There is a great need for help in those communities and we should be equally concerned about them as well.

:heart:

3. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    :qqb009: um, you are supposed to wait until after the day of morning to say stuff like that…...

4. sekou kasimu

sekou kasimu PanAfrikanist Revolutionary MEMBER

United States
    Retired Ironworker
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +864
    It never ceases to amaze me how if the media (white & negro) tells the same lie over and over, some people will believe it! Black people in Baltimore have always responded to "black on black killings", with "stop the violence" rallies, demonstrations and candle light processions. I've seen news reports of the same responses in black communities across this country! Where do you live? When a non-black kills a black, different dynamics come into play, i.e., RACISM! If you are born and raised in a racist society and belong to the dominate race, and socialized and educated by the racist institutions therein, i.e., the family, churches, schools, libraries, social and civic organizations, etc., etc., how can you not be racist to some extent? Some more so than others? :)

5. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    Pay the man who agrees it was a black-on-white crime (and not a white-on-black crime) no mind, Silko. Today IS the day after mourning.

6. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952

No, tell ya what.... I'm going to write MY opinion, then you prove ME wrong. Okay? :)

When black people kill other black people, it's because they're mad at them.... for some reason, justified (to the rest of us) or not. Or by mistake, or an accident.

When white people kill black people, it's for one reason only: They're black. They have not harmed them, they have not stepped on their blue suede shoes, they have done nothing but be black in the same space as the white person.

So, black people kill other black people for reasons other than they don't like the color of their skin. That is the SOLE reason whites kill black people.

If white murderers kill black people based SOLELY on the color of their skin, that means they will kill ME who has done nothing to them. Thus, should my black self go to the store at night and buy a soda and some skittles, a Zimmerman clone will kill ME, based solely on the fact that I'm black and he's tired of black people "getting away with" whatever he feels black people I don't know and have never met, 'get away with.' I cease becoming an individual and become a "them."

And, since you specifically mentioned the Trayvon Martin case, if I'm Walking While Black and the Zimmerman clone attacks me and I fight for my life, should he take out a gun and destroy my life, an all-white and one Hispanic jury will find my half-white half-Hispanic stalker who guns me down.... Not Guilty by reason of Self-Defense. NOT "Stand your Ground," but SELF-DEFENSE.

And no, the Trayvon Martin case was NEVER a black vs white thang. It was and by the all-white + one brown jury's acquittal, a white against black thang.

7. Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,030
    No you are right, about caring but all due respect, why were you not reading the news for the past 15 years in each and every major city when the NOI and churches and sports stars like Muhammad Ali, Willis Reed before he passed, and Jim Brown, as well as the Conscious rappers and the so called Black leaders at the time all had stop the violence rallies and marches and protests every summer?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_the_Violence_Movement

From Chicago

From Detroit

From Baltimore
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmH7yWY2Mbg

From Brooklyn
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN-N5dTIbo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XDGhDSy-PQ

If you notice this case is not about race it is about court intended injustice;
    1 The gate "paid" security never showed up to court.
    2 The Black woman who let Trayvon in who lived there and identified Trayvon to the gate security , Brandy Green, never showed up to court either.
    3 And the video camera evidence of what occurred at that camera surveiled gated community was not presented either

and if you look at who are at the protests and the marches it is 50/50 Black / White!

8. Kadijah

Kadijah Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,952
    This case was NOT about race? So Zimmerman DIDN'T "target" Trayvon because he was black? He would have stalked and murdered a blond, blue-eyed teen because..... :10500:

Talk about the "court" all you want. If Zimmerman hadn't targeted, stalked and murdered Trayvon for whatever reason you wish to believe that is NOT race, there would have been no court to get involved.

9. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    are you referring to me with that stuff? let me know where you ever heard me say that.

10. jamesfrmphilly

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,745
    that is not true at all. black people kill one another because of black self hate.