Black People : Lets start showing love to ourselves

Silko

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 9, 2005
Since the Trayvon case was turned into a black versus white thing & my people want to rally for that,how about you rally for all the black on black killings as well. Killing is wrong period but to only rally when it's a perceived race issue is dumb. If you disagree with me,prove me wrong.

Since the Trayvon case was turned into a black versus white thing & my people want to rally for that,how about you rally for all the black on black killings as well. Killing is wrong period but to only rally when it's a perceived race issue is dumb. If you disagree with me,prove me wrong.

Was it turned into a Black vs White thing? I thought it was about injustice vs justice.?.

But i agree. There is more than enough people in this country to protest both as both are very serious causes. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to the politics of issues, but i'm learning. My question to you (if you have a better understanding of these things ) When protesting against violence in a community, who do you sanction? The government, the people, or both?

I asked this because a Brother here on the site made a very interesting observation. I'm gonna paraphrase what he said in my understanding of it, so bare with me. He said, "the crime is out of control in certain areas because the police have failed to do there jobs in these communities. Now that the gentrification of these areas are in order the out cries are heard around the country."

Now thats deep! And it does make you question how the magnitude of crimes in these areas came into fruition. So who do we sanction? What course of action do we request? What outline do we present to the people in those neighborhoods to ensure that their rights won't be violated as well?
There is a great need for help in those communities and we should be equally concerned about them as well.

:heart:

:qqb009: um, you are supposed to wait until after the day of morning to say stuff like that…...

It never ceases to amaze me how if the media (white & negro) tells the same lie over and over, some people will believe it! Black people in Baltimore have always responded to "black on black killings", with "stop the violence" rallies, demonstrations and candle light processions. I've seen news reports of the same responses in black communities across this country! Where do you live? When a non-black kills a black, different dynamics come into play, i.e., RACISM! If you are born and raised in a racist society and belong to the dominate race, and socialized and educated by the racist institutions therein, i.e., the family, churches, schools, libraries, social and civic organizations, etc., etc., how can you not be racist to some extent? Some more so than others? :)

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back