Black Spirituality Religion : Let's Get a Revelation !

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Focused, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Focused

Focused New Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    :) Hey there - I'm fairly new to this none the less. Let's kick it about the word and share a revelation about the text? There are so many hidden truths that the word can reveal to you regarding life - Don't Sleep ! We can explore it today - Are You Ready?

2. Focused

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm down!

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    :wave: :wave: :wave:

Welcome ~ Welcome ~ Welcome

Thanks for joining us Focused! I'm not sure what you are asking for in your post above. How about give us some examples of what you consider revelations regarding the text and we can follow your lead.

Again, thanks for joining and participating. Please make yourself at home.

:heart:

Destee

4. Focused

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for Replying Destee. I was suggestinng that maybe someone out there wanted to share their revelation or insight on a particular text.

I'm an inspirational author and I do alot research in the text that has helped me understand and share information with others.

Many times people don't realize how in tuned to God they may really be. He speaks to us all the time. As a Christian - I'm not imposing my views upon anyone but on the other hand I don't compromise either.

So I was just thinking that maybe someone may want to share ( as an open topic ) on a specific passage of scripture. Alot of times, people email for motivational and inspirational encouragement.

One of my favorite scriptures in the text is: Phillipians 1:6 - "Being confident of this one thing that he who begun a great work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ".
    Be Encouraged!

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Hi Focused, it's my pleasure to respond, no thanks is necessary :)

I'm sorta kinda understanding what you're saying, but in sharing the scripture that you did, you didn't tell us about your own revelation and/or insight regarding it. You might not know this, but I'm kinda slow sometimes and need to be guided along the way :)

Show me what you'd like me (us) to do.

Destee

6. Focused

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Destee - I'm still new out here and I typed a fairly long message before but I hit the wrong button and ereased it! So I have to try and wing it.

I guess I'll try to make my point a lil' clearer. Perhaps we can share a question or concern you may have about a particular scripture or you may have a particular issue in your personal life and we can share revelations from the Word. This helps to stay and study more in the Word.

I listed Phillipians 1:6 before only as a reflection. This was the 1st Word that God ever spoke to me at a time in my life that was pivitol and he's been speaking to me ever since. That's why I'm grateful! How about you ?

7. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    welcome welcome welcome!!!!

indeed i see where u coming from and welcome to da spiritual
    side of destee's place where ya mind can be free i welcome thee
    within upon family & friendz :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

i my self set forth inside da book of David...her guides me to
    better days ahead:)

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Okay Focused ... I think I'm focused now ... :)

I don't know if it's scripture or if I heard this being taught, but somewhere along the way, years ago ... I heard that He would love me more than my Mother. Well, that did it for me. Because my Momma LOVED'd me and any one or thing that could exceed her great love ... I had no choice but to "get wit!" :)

How'd I do? :)

Destee

9. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    1Cor.10

[13] There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

When tempted, I just need to find the nearest exit! There's one there. I just need to find it! lol

Being tempted isn't the sin. Yielding to it is.

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    Gen. 22:
    [14] And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.

This reminds me that Jehovah-jireh will provide.

And I have experienced too many testaments to this to count.