Black People : Let's be real about the hate - bigotry - racism

Queenie

PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Sister Destee sent a beautiful message a few days ago about staying encouraged, despite the challenges we face. I don't disagree and love her for her wisdom and insight and deep compassion for her people.

At the same time, let's be real clear about the kind of people that are out there who also feel encouraged by the new president-elect and who hate us.

It's important to remain clear about what this recent election has exposed to us in broad daylight.

We talk a lot here about being united as a people. What better time to do that than now? Pay close attention:

Sister Destee sent a beautiful message a few days ago about staying encouraged, despite the challenges we face. I don't disagree and love her for her wisdom and insight and deep compassion for her people.

At the same time, let's be real clear about the kind of people that are out there who also feel encouraged by the new president-elect and who hate us.

It's important to remain clear about what this recent election has exposed to us in broad daylight.

We talk a lot here about being united as a people. What better time to do that than now? Pay close attention:

Thank you Sister Queenie and i absolutely agree.

While i did post the thread hoping to keep us encouraged, i do not mean for it to have us relaxed regarding the hatred that is being shown to us now, and honestly, that which has always been shown to us as a people (in this country).

The fact that the racism is constant, ongoing, unyielding, should keep us vigilant.

I am disappointed to see the racism so blatant but it can never be as ugly as it was for our Ancestors.

This new president and all those who mimic his racist sentiment, have nothing on their predecessors.

I guess my point is, i see no real difference now, than how it has always been.

Prior to this newly elected president, black men were being killed in the street - with a black president.

Nothing has stopped them from acting out in this atrocious manner.

All of my Son's life, i warned him to be careful for his life, a warning that has never changed.

I see no real difference ... not yet at least.

What more can they do to us, that they have not already done?

We must continue to do our best, to make it better for those coming behind, and this is no different now either.

I was doing all I could before this new president and i will continue to do all i can after.

It has nothing to do with him.

But I do understand what you're saying Queenie and agree.

History has repeatedly shown us what they think of us and how they will treat us.

It might be good that those unaware get to see what is really in their hearts.

We may have been a bit comfortable, relaxed, with Obama ... and now, not so much.

I'm of the opinion that at this point, they cannot hurt us directly ... short of shooting us in the street which they have already been doing (prior to this new president) ... without also hurting lots of poor white people too. Unfortunately, I have seen them sacrifice their own, if it meant that they could get to a few of us too ... so this may not be too comforting ... but i believe it is true.

Yes Queenie ... we do need to be aware of the people that have historically killed and mistreated us.

For sure.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

NNQueen ... i think too ... that the visceral response to hatred ... is damaging to the responder.

Especially a historically long, brewing, traumatic, ugly hatred as racism has been to us.

It is ugly now and it has always been ugly.

I think of our Ancestors and how they were able to stay alive, keep their families moving forward, so we could be here now talking about it (them, the racism, etc).

What did our Ancestors have in them, that gave them the ability to withstand the torture and move their family forward at the same time?

I think if we focus too much on the hatred, we'll lose the blessing of the escape.

The response to the hatred is enough to kill one all by itself.

Yes, know the hate is there, but manage it properly inside of yourself.

In fact, if you can, try not to let it enter your being, so you do not have to deal with it internally.

Probably easier said than done, but do-able i think, given our Ancestor's success.

Love You! :kiss:

Destee

... The fact that the racism is constant, ongoing, unyielding, should keep us vigilant.
I am disappointed to see the racism so blatant but it can never be as ugly as it was for our Ancestors.
This new president and all those who mimic his racist sentiment, have nothing on their predecessors.
We must continue to do our best, to make it better for those coming behind, and this is no different now either.
I was doing all I could before this new president and i will continue to do all i can after.
History has repeatedly shown us what they think of us and how they will treat us.
It might be good that those unaware get to see what is really in their hearts.
We may have been a bit comfortable, relaxed, with Obama ... and now, not so much.
Yes Queenie ... we do need to be aware of the people that have historically killed and mistreated us.

For sure.

Love You!

Destee

:thinking: At this point, I actually hate we changed our name from what you originally named us, Sister Destee, the "Origin of Racism Group" to "GroupThink Project-Group," because it seems we cannot get away from Racism, at this point ... my bag :facepalm:

Last edited:
NNQueen ... i think too ... that the visceral response to hatred ... is damaging to the responder.

Especially a historically long, brewing, traumatic, ugly hatred as racism has been to us.

It is ugly now and it has always been ugly.

I think of our Ancestors and how they were able to stay alive, keep their families moving forward, so we could be here now talking about it (them, the racism, etc).

What did our Ancestors have in them, that gave them the ability to withstand the torture and move their family forward at the same time?

I think if we focus too much on the hatred, we'll lose the blessing of the escape.

The response to the hatred is enough to kill one all by itself.

Yes, know the hate is there, but manage it properly inside of yourself.

In fact, if you can, try not to let it enter your being, so you do not have to deal with it internally.

Probably easier said than done, but do-able i think, given our Ancestor's success.

Love You! :kiss:

Destee

"... I think of our Ancestors and how they were able to stay alive, keep their families moving forward, so we could be here now talking about it (them, the racism, etc) ..."

So true, our ancestors developed a plan and were united, much like what NNQueen has called for in this Thread, but she's not the only one, I personally live for the day that we unite, and continually put myself out there as a catalyst toward our Black Unity, yup!

Last edited:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back