Black People : Let's be real about the hate - bigotry - racism

Sis. IFE, it's not just about the KKK and, for me, it's not about fearing them--although I am concerned about what ignorant racists are capable of doing. But it's the broad spectrum of people who join different hate groups and the sum total of their hate that is very concerning to me. It's about individuals who would never describe themselves as racist--we work with them, are around them every day--but they think like and agree with Trump. There were portions of this shown in the video I posted that revealed a national map of known hate groups being tracked daily by the Southern Poverty Law Center. View it here: https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map. Now, look at that and read a description of their locations and activities and it should do a bit more than cause us to raise an eyebrow. I'm not suggesting that we panic or get over emotional about this, but be aware and forever vigilant to keep us safe and unharmed.

True, these groups didn't just pop up overnight. They've been around for a long time--splinter groups of the KKK. But why is it that now our sensitivities are heightened and we're made to acknowledge them? Right--the current president-elect who is feeding their hatred, bringing them out of the shadows and giving them a voice at the national level. You're fortunate to have an ex-military spouse at your disposal, but many of us aren't in the same position and that concerns me some.

But I look to Standing Rock as an example of what might happen around issues other than clean water rights.

I'm aware of the hate groups. I've been hearing about the KKK for at least 50 years. Ive seen them burn their cross in the yards of Black People (on the news) since the age of 10 or younger. I've also watched as the KKK began to splinter apart. Their hate is ignorance to cause fear.

You say: But why is it that now our sensitivities are heightened and we're made to acknowledge them?
I'm saying, Stop acknowledging them.
I live in an area not far from Stone Mountain, one of the kkk meeting places. I'm sure we're surrounded by KKK members. I can't stop their hate. That's their greatest weapon. And it's been working for them all these years.
Most white people do not identify with the KKK and their hate.
Their was a KKK Rally last year at Stone Mountain.
Their were protestors at that rally. All of the protestors were white.
I do not like to talk about the KKK Hate in a tone that gives them any power.
They read thes topics. Their hate still strike fear in Blacks.
We need to stop granting the KKK hate power. The KKK was established out of fear of Blacks uprising. They fear us more than we should fear them.

I'm aware of the hate groups. I've been hearing about the KKK for at least 50 years. Ive seen them burn their cross in the yards of Black People (on the news) since the age of 10 or younger. I've also watched as the KKK began to splinter apart. Their hate is ignorance to cause fear.

You say: But why is it that now our sensitivities are heightened and we're made to acknowledge them?
I'm saying, Stop acknowledging them.
I live in an area not far from Stone Mountain, one of the kkk meeting places. I'm sure we're surrounded by KKK members. I can't stop their hate. That's their greatest weapon. And it's been working for them all these years.
Most white people do not identify with the KKK and their hate.
Their was a KKK Rally last year at Stone Mountain.
Their were protestors at that rally. All of the protestors were white.
I do not like to talk about the KKK Hate in a tone that gives them any power.
They read thes topics. Their hate still strike fear in Blacks.
We need to stop granting the KKK hate power. The KKK was established out of fear of Blacks uprising. They fear us more than we should fear them.
In order to re-empower ourselves, we truly need to resolve our differences in private,
then strive to be much better role models in public.

Also we must strive to use our natural gifts in far more constructive ways as well...

I completely agree with your statements and it's a sad state of affairs to see that for many, that hatred has not dissipated over the years. And, because Black people have had to suffer and struggle and deal with these attitudes and ill treatment for so long, I'm wondering what, if anything, will be different this time, because so many of our youth is seeing this for the first time.

I'm in lock step with you sis! :heart:

Yes, process what's happening, manage our emotions, care about one another, actively participate in organized community building and practice self-care.
A thought just struck me and I wonder what you think.

What if grassroots organizers and community activists were successfully able to reduce the Black on Black crime rate in cities across the nation and that being reflected in national statistics. And let's say the new data would show the Black crime rate lower than any other race, particularly, whites.

If this is possible and was to happen through the hard work of our community leaders and our people in agreement in our communities, how do you think the government would react?

I believe the current numbers are inflated for political gain but that's neither here nor there in this scenario.

Queenie ... i'm afraid that what will be different will be the response from our youth.

They may not have witnessed the racist behaviors surfacing now, but they have certainly felt the effects.

It will be a double loss for us ... the initial racism and the loss of our youth trying to fight this on their terms.

Check out this video ... it's big talk on the Internet now ... Kemetstry mentioned it in the shout box :

Black Racist Thugs Kidnap and Torture White Special Needs Man

Chicago Police Press Conference P1 on Black Torture White on Facebook Beating Video

Every black face (and voice probably) in that video will get locked up forever.

Their behavior will not be viewed under the umbrella of post traumatic slave syndrome.

They will not get the considerations white racists get for shooting black men in the back with cameras rolling.

I think they want us to respond this way, given the rise in the racist rhetoric.

Regarding your question about if we get and show them lower crime rates, how will they react?

They will react the same way they do when we run faster than them, jump higher, pro-create more, survive longer, endure greater, achieve in spite of them, etc.

They will continue to treat us just like they have always treated us.

They will burn down our successful towns and cities, bomb communities, shoot men in the back, etc.

Even the enslaved Ancestors that pleased them well, were not allowed to read or write.

They will change the rules, making crime rates null and void ... like ... voting rights acts, etc.

It will only count if it is to their benefit.

Knowing our greatness will not change them, as they are more aware of it than we are, probably.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

This is beyond understanding.
Just because he is white. I think these unparented kids kidnapped a mentally challenged white boy to torture for no reason except the color of his skin, and recorded it on FB.
FB has its own camera now. Everybody else probably already knew this.
Just push the camera icon and record yourself beating and torturing another person.

Sad thing, they possibly thought other Blacks would embrace the torture of a mentally challenged white person.

The bizarre incident began on Saturday, New Year’s Eve, when the victim and Hill met at a suburban McDonald’s for what both the teen and his parents believed would be a sleepover, police said.

Why would his parents drop their mentally challenged child off anywhere on New Year's Eve. They should be arrested for child neglect.

Don Lemon is Black again on the wrong issue.

Lemon replied:
"I don't think it's evil. I don't think it's evil. I think these are young people, and I think they have bad home training...I have no idea who is raising these young people because no one I know on earth who is 17-years-old, or is 70-years-old, would ever think of treating another person like that. It is inhumane, and you wonder, at 18 years old, where is your parent? Where is your guardian?"

WATCH: CNN's Don Lemon Says Torture of Special Needs Teen isn ...
http://www.dailywire.com/news/12176/watch-cnns-don-lemon-says-torture-special-needs-frank-camp - 55k - Cached - Similar pages

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back