Black Spirituality Religion : let us make man in our own image - who is us ?

Destee said:
Hello Family,

The entire verse, from the King James Bible, says ...

My question is ... who is "us?"

:heart:

Destee

Hello Destee,

A possible answer is provided in this link:
http://www.northernway.org/fathergod.html

Also of interest is the KJV's Exodus 22:28

Exodus 22:28 Thou shalt not revile the gods, nor curse the ruler of thy people.

Blackbird

Hello all,

I can not let this go. Something is inkling in my soul to continue, express what I feel in my heart. First some background: Before I graduated from college, I began a spiritual quest. (Some have heard this story before) I left Christianity and embarked on learning and studying other religious traditions. My first appeal was to Al' Islaam, but something within didn't resonate with me. Next, I went to ancient Hebrew beliefs. I thought I had found my path. I started a very basic study of the language, culture and history of the Hebrews. From there, my natural progression was to the ATRs because I firmly believed the source of Hebrew belief was contained within them. This was encouraged by my chosen major: Anthropology.

I'm not saying I have the answers or my intepretation is correct, but this is my view.

At some point in human history, circa 2000 B.C.E., archaic Aryan people migrated south from their Eurasian steppe homeland where they encountered sedentary Africoid people in Mesopotamia. First, they arrived peacefully, but as the historical record accounts many times, they eventually subdued these folks, including those of Sumerian extraction, and set up feudal caste systems. Hence the Bible asserts Abram came from Ur of Chaldees. (Gen. 11:31) Abram and entourage emigrated westward following the flow of the Eurasian invasion. They stopped at places in ancient Anatolia and Syria, like Mari and Haran. (Gen. 12) However, they continued their travel to the borders of Egypt, but were ran out of Egypt. (Gen. 12:20) Eventually, these mixed people, half-Aryan and half-Africoid, settled in Canaan. In Canaan, like most new settlers, they were influenced by the autochthonous culture there. A level of symbosis resulted. (Gen. 14)

Nothing mystical here, but the basic migration of any group of people due to war, over-crowding or famine. History is filled with similar stories and recounts.

I believe it was in Canaan, where the Hebrew state religion was formulated. The story of Noah is basically the Gilgamesh Epics (Sumerian origin). So I believe there was an intermarriage of Sumerian and Canaanite-Kemetic beliefs. The term used to describe "God" in Gen. 14:19-22 was El' Elyon - most high God. This is also a prasie name for the Canaanite deity Ba'al. It is only right for Melchizedek to be the priest-king of a Canaanite city; most city-states, at that time, that had monarchies were ruled by a king, who was a priest. The term Yahweh is thought to have resemblance to the Canaanite deity Yw or Yawu. Other titles for the Hebrew God which were originally names for Canaanite deities: El Shaddai (god of the Mountains), El Olam (originally Canaanite god of Beershaba), El Berith (god of Shechem) and El Roi. I believe these many gods were eventually sycrentize into one overall god of Israel and afterwards, the names of them became appellations for the Hebrew God.

Thus, these entities, being separate at one time, could say in Gen. 22 : "And the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever."

To be continued....

Blackbird

Blackbird said:
Hello all,

I can not let this go. Something is inkling in my soul to continue, express what I feel in my heart. First some background: Before I graduated from college, I began a spiritual quest. (Some have heard this story before) I left Christianity and embarked on learning and studying other religious traditions. My first appeal was to Al' Islaam, but something within didn't resonate with me. Next, I went to ancient Hebrew beliefs. I thought I had found my path. I started a very basic study of the language, culture and history of the Hebrews. From there, my natural progression was to the ATRs because I firmly believed the source of Hebrew belief was contained within them. This was encouraged by my chosen major: Anthropology.

I'm not saying I have the answers or my intepretation is correct, but this is my view.

At some point in human history, circa 2000 B.C.E., archaic Aryan people migrated south from their Eurasian steppe homeland where they encountered sedentary Africoid people in Mesopotamia. First, they arrived peacefully, but as the historical record accounts many times, they eventually subdued these folks, including those of Sumerian extraction, and set up feudal caste systems. Hence the Bible asserts Abram came from Ur of Chaldees. (Gen. 11:31) Abram and entourage emigrated westward following the flow of the Eurasian invasion. They stopped at places in ancient Anatolia and Syria, like Mari and Haran. (Gen. 12) However, they continued their travel to the borders of Egypt, but were ran out of Egypt. (Gen. 12:20) Eventually, these mixed people, half-Aryan and half-Africoid, settled in Canaan. In Canaan, like most new settlers, they were influenced by the autochthonous culture there. A level of symbosis resulted. (Gen. 14)

Nothing mystical here, but the basic migration of any group of people due to war, over-crowding or famine. History is filled with similar stories and recounts.

I believe it was in Canaan, where the Hebrew state religion was formulated. The story of Noah is basically the Gilgamesh Epics (Sumerian origin). So I believe there was an intermarriage of Sumerian and Canaanite-Kemetic beliefs. The term used to describe "God" in Gen. 14:19-22 was El' Elyon - most high God. This is also a prasie name for the Canaanite deity Ba'al. It is only right for Melchizedek to be the priest-king of a Canaanite city; most city-states, at that time, that had monarchies were ruled by a king, who was a priest. The term Yahweh is thought to have resemblance to the Canaanite deity Yw or Yawu. Other titles for the Hebrew God which were originally names for Canaanite deities: El Shaddai (god of the Mountains), El Olam (originally Canaanite god of Beershaba), El Berith (god of Shechem) and El Roi. I believe these many gods were eventually sycrentize into one overall god of Israel and afterwards, the names of them became appellations for the Hebrew God.

Thus, these entities, being separate at one time, could say in Gen. 22 : "And the Lord God said, 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever."

To be continued....

Blackbird
I also started this route of study; I find it very interesting. But on this we can’t legitimately say that the Noah story is a derivative of Gilgamesh. It is true they are very similar but this would be commonplace if we look at the situation.

We have Noah who has three sons and their families. Each son goes in his own direction to repopulate the earth. All of those sons and their families and descendents will produce their own version of the flood story. And as the families got larger and larger and languages changed the stories would evolve more and more from each other. Until we eventually have what we have today, a flood story in the Bible and a flood story of Gilgamesh. What we are looking at is the same story but each one evolved from two deferent families, but they both have the same origin. I wouldn’t be surprised if we find more versions of the grate flood seeing that it was the origins of three different people that repopulated the whole earth. So it is not legitimate to assume one is a copy of the other. It would be more in harmony with GOD to say the stories evolved through history in parallel.

The Answer

The "us" is Jesus and God and here is the proof.

Gen. 1
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Colossians 1
The Supremacy of Christ

15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
21Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-- 23if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

These are not my words or my opinion but the word of God himself.

Radical Faith said:
The "us" is Jesus and God and here is the proof.

Gen. 1
26 Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

Colossians 1
The Supremacy of Christ

15He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
21Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. 22But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation-- 23if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.

These are not my words or my opinion but the word of God himself.
It was indeed the Sons of GOD that HE was speaking to in the “us”. But they had nothing to do with creation. And after the creation of humans they did something that caused them to become the Nefilim (fallen).

Job:38:7: When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?

That passage is where GOD is boasting about the days when HE creating our environment and, as you can see, the Sons of GOD where there. But they didn’t have anything to do with creation, they only witnessed and marveled at it. This is what the Sons of GOD committed that caused them to become the Fallen.

Gen:6:2: That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Gen:6:4: There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

They forcibly took and wanted human women. From this action they became labeled as the order of Satan, with the first born or first created being Satan.
Paul is NOT GOD.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back