Black People : Let me just say this.. "We Are One"

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by skuderjaymes, Feb 21, 2011.

1. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    listen..

there's nothing that is wrong with black women this is not also wrong with
    black men, and there's nothing that is wrong with black men that is not also wrong with black women.. we are a single thing.. a single people.. and the idea that we are separate groups is deception. I am my mother and my father and all of their ancestors before them. I am the "Negro Mother" that Langston Hughes spoke about toiling in the fields.. raped and mistreated and dehumanized.. and I'm also the father she never knew.. brought in like a stud to procreate.. and his mother that survived the brutality of the middle passage.. and all ancestors before slavery dating back to the beginning of time. And so are you. We are one
    single thing... and if we are ever going to make it forward to a healthy condition,
    we have to first sew our divided and conquered parts back together and let the healing process begin.

There can be no way forward for black men that does not include a way forward for black women.. and there can be no way forward for black women that does not include black men. Who would want to help their son and not their daughter?.. or their daughter and not their son? The assault against our people is aimed squarely at all of us, so all this talk about 'what's wrong with black men' and 'whats wrong with black women' is divisive, destructive and
    working exactly.. I mean exactly.. the way it was designed to. Don't fall for it; Drop the easy generalizations and do the work.. do the thinking.. don't fall prey to oversimplified modes of analysis simply because they are conversationally expedient. If it's deep.. then go deep.. why not? Complexity demands complexity. I can't use a globe as a road map.. well, I can, but how useful will it be?

And I'm not trying to tell anybody what they can talk about.. I'm simply suggesting we take a step back and look a little closer.. and in that closer look maybe more people will see that mitigating the effects of the assault against our people will solve many, if not all, of these problems that we face. Miseducation, underemployment, police brutality, judicial-system brutality, The prison-industrial complex..aka modern slavery, The government protected drug trade, The media assault against the black male image, The media assault against the black
    female image, the marginalization of black youth through education, media and misconstrued religious doctrine, poverty, the under-respect for the black dollar, etc.. these are all things that affect all of us.. and these are some of the things that are at the root cause of our social, political, emotional/psychological, physical and spiritual condition.

We have lost mindshare over our youth. They are in a drug induced, euphoria seeking, material chasing, misinformed and destructive haze. The world has them while we bicker about how many angels can fit on the tip of a needle..

anyway.. I'm through..

peace yall..

• Like Like x 16
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
    • List
  2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Beautiful Brother SkuderJaymes ... Thanks for Sharing.

:heart:

Destee

3. largo

largo Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +286
    I don't think it can be said any better. You have spoken truth.

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    up.

5. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    This is so beautiful ... i read it again, surprised that i had already posted to it, had obviously read it before.

It was just like the first time ... brand new ... beautiful ... Thanks Again.

You said it so well ... We Are One ... that's it.

I don't let that gender war energy live up in here ... it's so divisive ... intentionally so ... like you said.

What people loves their Mother but hates their Father ... or loves their Son but hates their Daughter?

I said long ago ... what has been an almost impenetrable barrier, the bond between a Black Mother and Her Black Son ... was being set up for devastation.

I said it ... i saw it ... i spoke on it ... and drew my Son to me.

You're a great writer ... Thanks Again For Sharing! :grouphug:

Love You!

Destee

6. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    Very well stated , and truely ONE ! indeed, thankz a million for this brother

7. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    we are one ... tearing our own body apart ... tearing our own arm off ... our own leg ... our own Sister ... our own Brother ... we are one

Love You!

Destee

8. candeesweet

candeesweet Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Destee that so reminds me of a legend! All family members involved.
    One brother tearing the other brother down(most likely 4 a lack of communication)limb by limb and scattering his life throughout! Then, the Sis comes and puts him back together, literally! But theirs one thang she can't give him so they agree to live for oneanother with each other forever:)

9. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    This is DEEEP!!. Enough is said here. I love it...

10. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    This looks like Asar, Aset and Set? Or "Osiris," "Isis," and "Seth."

Is that the legend that you meant, or another?