Let it be known

Discussion in 'Violators and Violations (Possible Ones)' started by Nasheed, Jun 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    I would like to start this by saying "Much Love" to Destee for this site and what she is/was/and has built.

With that said I would like to bring something to the table that has been troubling me. It may mean something to some, nothing to others, and prompt some to respond in a negative tone no matter the wording. (Trust ya boy is not stupid and I read with a third eye and hear with a third ear).

Here we go. More than a year ago I stumble upon this site and felt I was truly blessed. I was greated by countless Bro's and Sistah's and felt nuttin but love. Platt, Pops(Lilpea), Queen, Queen Drea, Sistah LD, Destee, Grand Hustle, Zulile, Da Street Solider, Sistah Soul and forgive me if I didnt mention you.

I say all this because I have noticed a trend going on here. I think this site has been infiltrated by B/S people. In my year plus here I havent seen this much drama. I truly think that the ones at the center of the B/S are probably not Black or house Ni##a's anyway.

These ppl come in here with there B/S swagger and pretty words but pumping ish thru their veins. I have watched ppl I have grown to respect and Love leave because of these B/S ppl. I was about to leave but guess what, I aint going nowhere.

Im grown and except what ever comes my way for my actions. Im puttin u on notice that I will check, no matter the outcome any B/S I see. The ppl Ive met and this site have made a difference in my life and I will not let a few B/S ppl come here and interrupt my peace. You have been put on notice, I see right thru ur fake @ss.

With that said, If you dont stand for sumttin u will fall for anything. I'm a true Blackman wit true intentions . Let it be known, Im speaking of maybe 1 or 2 ppl here.

Bro Keita, DSS, Sistah Z, Sistah Soul and others. Please dont leave because of these B/S ppl. Ya'll are the pillars I stand upon.

Quuen Destee, I will be straight in a min, thanks for what u have done.

Ma'at Hotep

Mujahid.... If ya dont know ask somebody

2. MRS. LADY

MRS. LADY Banned MEMBER

to seek truth
    Ratings:
    +261
    I feel you

I've been kinda watchin the new trend of insulting using big words and then casually adding a... lol at the end

man just say what u gotta say and save all the flip flop psycology tactics....

the jedi mind tricks i like to call em...

manye.. i kinda miss zulile already... keita's the realest... dss and khasm my bros...

but since i'm not tryin to stunt my growth i just decided to stay clear of drama...

nuff respect

3. Nasheed

Nasheed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Otr Truck Driver
    Ratings:
    +168
    Thank Ya Miss Lady

I really appreciate that someone else feels what Im saying. Much Love 2 ya Sistah
    Ma'at Hetepu

4. 4EVERLUV

4EVERLUV Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +55
    :bowdown:

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    I hear ya, Nasheed!

And I feel ya too. I'm not one to run scared either.

6. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    fully feelin ya; trying to hang anyway ... ... :thinking: ... ...

7. anAfrican

anAfrican Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    The Meek !Shall! Inherit the Earth.
    Ratings:
    +745
    <*cough*> :-\

8. truetothecause

truetothecause Well-Known Member MEMBER

The~rapist
    Ratings:
    +843
    Yes...I concur!

Join me HERE and I'll say it to your face!

M.E.
    :hearts2:

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Brother Nasheed ... Peace and Blessings,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, giving me the opportunity to respond to them.

First of all ... thank you for the love, and your desire to remain here with us ... :love:

Brother Nasheed, i've been here a long time, and none of what you've mentioned above, is new. It's all happened before. Different Members, but the same script. I hate seeing it play itself out, but i realize it is all a part of the process. It's all necessary, obviously, or else we'd not be going through it. I believe, am hoping, that at some point, it will stop and we will recognize the true value of each other ... but i can't hurry that process ... i can't make that happen ... i can only try to provide a place that is conducive to the nurturing of such a great accomplishment for our people.

I am so not into cliques Brother Nasheed. Name dropping means nothing to me. I've seen many Members come and go over the years, and each and every one of them were special to me. I don't feel any worse, when one leaves, or the other. It's just not about any one Member, not any one, two, or three. It aint even about me. It's about us, our people, the collective ... and that includes as many of us as possible.

With a goal so lofty as that, wanting as many of our people as possible, it requires that we be open and welcoming to all. That's going to mean there will be a certain number that are welcomed in, that mean us no good. The tricky part of this, is that, we never really know who the one is, that means us no good. You never know. Not until they reveal their whole selves. You'll be thinking this one is with you, and they are actually the one stabbing you in your back. Sometimes, it actually takes feeling the cold steel of the knife, to believe they are really doing it.

What this does to us, is make everyone suspect. No one gets in. No one is trusted. Everyone is the enemy. We begin forming cliques. This defeats our own purpose. This kills the effort, before it even gets started. It can't work, operating that way. Everyone must be given the benefit of the doubt. Everyone must be welcomed. Everyone must be given a chance to speak, share, and prove their own selves friend or foe.

Each and every one of you, when you joined us, you were warmly welcomed. You were treated not only as a friend, but Family. You were given the benefit of the doubt. You were invited to all that we have. That was not just unique to you, but it is how each and every Member is greeted here. It's how we live, because of what i've said above, because our goal can't be reached any other way. It amazes me that everyone is welcomed this way, appreciates it, but is reluctant to give the same to the next new Member. That's a really weird phenomena to witness, folk stingy with that which was given to them so very freely.

Now, when someone decides that they don't want to be here anymore, then they should leave. I am not sad about that. I trust their own ability to make choices for themselves, and i am happy if they are happy. I have always felt this way. Always. I remember a Dear Darling Sister of mine, from way back in the early days, she came to me and said ... "Destee, i just want you to know, i'm visiting another site now, posting there, and i don't want you to hear it from someone else, or think i don't love destee anymore, but i like hanging out over there too." ... That's what she said to me. My heart was so moved. So moved that she would even come to me, be concerned about how i felt, regarding her decision to visit other sites. Just thinking about it now, melts my heart. But anyway, i told her, don't you ever dare worry about me feeling any kind of way, because you go somewhere else. That is what the Internet is about. That is what the Internet is. There would be no Internet, if there were no other sites. It is a network of sites. Every site supports every other site. I come from a web developer background, and there's absolutely no way to get around this fact, and no site owner should ever want to.

In fact, i only want people here, that want to be here.

So ... let everyone go where they want ... i will never have a problem with that ... and neither should you Brother Nasheed.

Brother Nasheed ... i would like to caution you though ... talking about you are putting people on notice. .Please, don't you be the one that gets in trouble, 'cause you feel you have some sort of right to put people on notice. The only acceptable notice you can put someone on, is to file an official complaint, if they are violating the rules. That's it. And we have a process for that, that you must use, if you don't want to end up being the problem.

Naw Brother Nasheed ... don't get too caught up thinking you know who the "BS People" are, because life teaches, they're often the very ones you're trusting.

Let God and Our Ancestors be your pillar, for they are sure and constant ... people ... man please, you're gonna need more than that to stand.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

10. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Don't hurt yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.